Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012

What have you bought?

I'm fighting the urge to go shopping!

We're having another girl so already have a lot of bits and we kept most of our daughters clothes.

So far I have bought some white vests and slep suits, 2 boxes of newborn nappies, a breast pump, a bouncy chair, a pack of dummies and some tommee tipee bottles.

We still have crib, cot and moses basket, but I need to get a new matresses, the only big thing I need to buy now is the pushchair and probably a swinging chair as we didn't have the space to store these, we're moving in July so this will have to wait for a couple of months.

I cant walk past any baby things at the moment without wanting to buy, but I'm hoping I can keep better control of the spending with this baby as I now know the stuff we wasted money on last time and then never used.

Replies

• I have had 2 boys already so have all the big stuff. Just need few clothes, mattresses etc. So far i have bought the mattresses, a baby carrier, pack of baby gros, some socks, a blanket, nappies, wipes and maternity pads. Mothercare have 20% off sale if you spend ??100, so i got good discount on mattresses. It is so hard not to buy bits. I managed to hold off until aft 20w scan! Just. Xxx
  • Ordered pram, bought a wee car seat and a steam steriliser. Will find out on the 19th what we are having and will prob start a big spend then. Still scared x
  • I've bought bouncer, playmat, cotmobile, tonnes of clothes, sleepsuits, vests, socks, mitts, wipes, teddy, reusable and disposable nappies... Just got the big stuff like pram, car seat and moses basket to get really xx

• I have to go and raid my parents loft for most of the big stuff lol! They Will think they have been burgled lol Xxx