Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Belly aching!

This is my first pregnancy, so don't know what to expect at all! But this evening I walked up the road to the shop (about a 10 mins walk each way) and on my way home my belly was aching so much! I couldn't really describe it as pain, it was more of an ache all over the lower part of my belly. As I got nearer home I was walking really slowly and holding my belly with my hands!! (Probably looking really silly) And just had to collapse on the sofa when I got in. 

Is this normal? I'm 22+1 today. I've felt various niggles and pains but not felt such a strong ache like this before!

Replies

• was it because your bump was quite heavy. you are probably not use to carrying around the extra weight.

• I get this if i walk too fast. Just our bodies way of saying hey you are carrying a person slow down lol! Did it go once you stopped? Xxx
  • I definitely get this if I do too much - even if too much doesn't actually seem like a lot!  I'm also getting out of breath quite easily which is kind of shocking when you're only half way though the pg!  I guess we just need to listen to our bodies and slow down x

• Thanks ladies! At least it seems normal! I think I need support on my bump. I've been wearing under the bump jeans because I did my fancy the ones that went over, but I now feel I'm starting to need the support! Also, I'm getting really out of breath too! Glad it's not just me! Just walking up the stairs gets me if I don't take it slow enough! I too am worried that I've still got 4 months to go and I'm like this already!
  • it's called round ligament pain x got it lots with DS and lots more this time

• I get this too. I guess just our ligaments getting stretched more than we're used to. I havent stopped doing anything that I did before but just slow the pace down and don't rush as much. that helps xx