Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012

Anyone else thinking about TTC again?

Or is it just me.

Already have one girl, and another due on Bonfire Night, we always said two would be good (I was an only child and hubby was one of three)

Since my 20 week scan (another girl - although I think hubby was secretly hoping for a boy) I keep trying to dodge the 'lets have a third' conversation.

I'm not one of those women that loves being pregnant, in fact I don't much like it at all and I'm not sure I want ot go there again. The one thing I have said is that if we're going to do it again, I want to do it straight away - not another 4 year age gap. Now hubby thinks we're trying again after christmas.

Replies

• Grrr, just wrote a reply but its vanished...

Blimey, good for you guys and I'm sure I'll say it nearer the time but good luck TTC number 3! Snap, I'm an only child and hubby is one of 3, but we'd always said one was a good number for us. No major reasons why and we'd not completly against talking about a 2nd at some point, but for now it'll be just the one x x

• I think originally we were quite keen on having 3, but after it taking 2yrs to get pg with our second due to all sorts of complications, its made us re-think.  If I were younger I might consider it, but I'm finding this pg quite tough and I'm absolutely exhausted most of the time, so I think we will count our blessings and stop at 2. x x

• I always said I wanted more than one, it was quite lonely at times growing up as there weren't many other kids living nearby either. I can't quite make up my mind what to do, sometimes I'm all for it and other times I worry how I'll cope with two, let alone adding a third to the the mix.

I struggled with my health from about 18 months ago, to the point I wasn't sure we'd ever be having a second but had the all clear (thyroid cancer) about 6 months ago. They said as long as I keep my levels steady with medication as I've had my thyroid completely removed there should be no issues with pregnancy but at the same time I have the constant worry it will come back. I sometimes think it might be selfish to have another if something might return in a year or two - my husband thinks I'm being silly but I cant help it.

• I'd like to have more, I think I would like another 2! Not sure when we'll start trying, probably sooner rather than later as it took 16m to conceive this one and I'm worried it will take a long time again. I'm 30 now so if we conceived mid next year (being hopeful) then I'd be 32 when no2 was born, then 34 when no3 was born. Don't want to much older thanthat really xx

• Seems funny to think about this whilst still pregnant! But I'm one of those people who loves being pregnant, so i've already said to hubby we'll do this again! I will be 28 when this baby is born, so the plan would be to wait a couple of years then try again.

• Oh Babyfox- I'm due bonfire night too!

• Thats it! The further I get into this pregnancy the more I'm sure I don't want to do this again, I'm exausted, everywhere hurts, it's been one complication after another and seem to be spending more time at hospital appointments than I do at home AND still 2 months to go. Half tempted to request a C section and sterilisation at the same time.

• Hee hee that made me smile Babyfox - my sentiments exactly!! My back has got so bad even the osteo can't do anymore until after the birth.  Morning sickness came back again with a vengeance at the weekend (29 wks) and I'm out of breath just walking up the stairs.  2 months to go and it seems endless.  Plus then we have to think about birth control after the baby's born.  Sterilisation does seem so, well, final I guess.  Even though I don't want anymore after this I still don't think I could cope with sterilisation - think I'll just pop pills til the menopause!!  xx

• Lol babyfox made me smile. This is Def my last. 3 in 5 yrs and my body is screaming ENOUGH! lol. This pg is my worst yet and i know even if i was guaranteed a girl i couldn't face being pg again. Sending hubby for vasectamy. He had agreed. But if i end up with c sec might shout out for sterilization. Or a hysterectmy as i told hubby when i was fed up last week lol. When i was pg with Ds1 i couldn't want to do it again. A year aft Ds2 i wanted a third. I do not want another now so hope the broodiness and craving never returns! Xxx
  • Oh babyfox sorry to hear you're having such a rubbish time! Not to rub it in but so far I'm enjoying pregnancy, except for the morning sickness at the start of course. This is my first so I've not had anything to compare to! xx

• Not rubbing it in at all! I'm please your having a good time of it, it's no fun feeling like I am at the mo, (although halfway through a tub of hagen dazs at the mo so starting to feel a little better) I was feeling particularly pants when I wrote that and I don't entirely mean it, I'm still sitting on the fence if I'm honest.