Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bump seems to have got lower..

Ladies I'm worried.. I noticed yesterday that my bump seems a lot lower than it was. Until then it was quite round and quite high, but it's like it's dropped. I'm really worried as isn't that what happens when you are ready to go into labour? I'm only 23 +6 today. So way too early! Is there another reason for this? Hubby notice it too, he said it had one flat at the top! I have midwide app on 24th June, but will ring up tomorrow for advice. However in the mean time I wondered of you had any advice? I'm feeling quite anxious.

Replies

• Options

Hi MoJacobs, sorry I don't have any advice other than I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, it will just be baby moving about, but (I'm sure you've already done this) ring your midwife for peace of mind.  Take care xx

• Options

The baby has probably just changed position, if you are worried though call the midwife - that's what she's there for xx

• Options

it will be babies position, baby drops before labour as they start to engage their head, your baby will just be moving about, absolutely nothing to worry about image

• Options

Agree with the others, I think it will be baby moving around. My bump changes shape all the time, and sometimes has random lumps when he is sticking his bum out hehe! xx

• Options
    Hi, sorry for not updating before!

Thank you for your responses. I asked a friend whose had a baby recently and she said the same so I stopped worrying. Also bump got bigger again!

However I had a scare yesterday when I went for 25 week midwife app. She was having a feel of baby and said 'oh that's odd, why can I feel the head? I shouldn't be able to feel the head.' then she said baby was too high up for 25 weeks as should be just a bit above belly button but is a lot higher. She was so concerned that she sent me to te hospital to be checked over and have another scan! She was worried that I had an extra uterine abdominal pregnancy!! Not good at all. Anyway, scan all seemed fine at hospital and hospital staff were really nice and said midwife was worrying over nothing.

But it was such a panic! I was so upset thinking there was something seriously wrong. I'd never heard of it before, but been reading and it's very serious with very low survival rate for baby and also huge risk to me.

I'm still worrying a bit about it, just incase they missed it! But surely the scan would show if baby was outside of my uterus?! Nothing was said at 20 week scan. I guess it's all ok ....
  • Options

Oh gosh what a scary thing to have gone through! I'm certain that if there was anything abnormal they would have found it hun, try not to worry yourself though that's easier said that done! xx