Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012

braxton hicks

I have been having braxton hicks on and off from early on. I know they happen earlier with each pg and some of you may not have experienced them yet. This morning we child free for first time in ages and ended up doing the deed, it was all rather good (sorry tmi) *blush* but ever since the braxton hicks have been really uncomfortable and almost constant. I am so worried we did some damage! Bit too early for baby to be arriving! EEEK i just hope they settle down over night! Next time i Will make sure we do the deed nearer 37weeks lol!image

Replies

• Hi Nimmy, I haven't experienced Braxton Hicks yet, but then again, the books say I should be feeling hiccups and I haven't felt those either!  I see you're 29 weeks - I'm coming up to 27 weeks so may start feeling a bit more than just big kicks soon!

xxx

• I had braxton hicks properly last week for about an hour! Felt very very strange! I'm sure you have done no damage, they are just practice contractions aren't they and DTD is meant to be good for baby as the baby gets a rush of endorphines when you Oimage My OH and I DTD the other night for the first time in aggggges, felt so weird as didnt really know what to do with myself because of bump in the way and was worried that the baby would start kicking and freak me out!

MrsKH72 some days I just feel big kicks and other days I feel wriggles and hiccups. I feel sorry for him when he has hiccups! xx

• I've had this happen, It settles after about ten minutes although about three weeks ago it was a particularly good 'deed' for me more than him as I got an extraimage after the second one everything went tight for about an hour, the braxton hicks were really painful and I was worried I'd gone into labour.

I know what to do in a few weeks though!!