Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Group B Strep

Hi guys,

My sister in law told me about this, and I had never heard of it. Her nephew almost died when he was born due to contracting it from his mother. So when my sis in law was pregnant she had a home swab kit and tested for it.

However, I spoke to my midwife about it and she said that the problem is that it can come and go so you can test and be positive, but a couple weeks later it could be negative, and also you could test and it be negative, but by the time you go into labour you could have it! So i'm not sure if there is a point in testing, as if its negative, i will still worry that I could get it at some point!

I did think i wouldn't worry about it, but today i picked up a copy of prima baby, and there is an article in there about it!

Does anyone have thoughts on this? It does worry me, but not sure if there is a point in testing!

Replies

• I posted on the FB group about this as I saw the article in Prima Baby too, I've ordered a test kit and going to get it done xx