Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Beginings of labour?

I had some Braxton Hicks a few weeks ago but the contractions are comming thick and fast today.

Baby is head down and bump dropped the day before yesterday.

I have rung the maternity unit and explained - MW said to keep and eye on it and ring back if I get a show or waters go.

Hopefuly not!

32+6

Replies

• Options
    I have had this, but after we did the deed *blush* with a bit of luck they Will settle down. It is a bit early yet. At least you have informed mw etc. Good luck hunnie. Keep us informed Xxx
  • Options
    How are you today? X
  • Options

blimey hun, how are you now?! x x

• Options

Dislike!  How are you today Babyfox? x

• Options

It's all good, baby still firmly in place although pretty sure head is engaged as things have become very uncomfortable image

• Options

Phew!! Thought we had our first BA coming for a while thereimage

• Options

I'm sure all will be okay, sound like BH, when you're in real labour you'll know, there's no mistaking labour contractions!  ;)

you did the right thing thou, MW are there for a reason and never feel like you can't ask them anything.

When DS head engaged fully it was shortly before labour and it was so painful i could barely walk! immense pressure, baby's head might be on way to being fully engaged! good luck

• Options

Good luck Babyfox - sounds like your body and baby are getting ready for the big day - let's hope baby hangs on in there for a few more weeks!

I still don't think I'm getting Braxton Hicks ladies?  I haven't felt the tensing of the uterus/mild contractions that they describe.  Hope its okay to not be feeling anything like that? (32w)

Osteo told me today that baby is head down (hurrah!) and everything (especially my back) feels a lot more comfortable than when baby was lying transverse.  Hopefully bubba is going to stay put now and not swing back.  I've got another scan next week, so will be able to make sure! xx

• Options
    If its your first pg you may not get bh until early labour or close to. Ds1 was born at 37w and i never had bh! Ds2 i had them every evening from 36w he was born at 40+5. This time i have had them on and off from 28w but stronger this time almost painful! :-/
  • Options

oh wow babyfox I've only just seen this post! Glad you're okay! The BH are getting more intense when I get them now, the other night I had to crouch on the floor as it was the only way to ease them! xx