Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How many snacks does your LO have?

DD doesn't have any snacks in a morning......she always has a good lunch (usually homemade soup, or scrambled egg, cheese on toast, spaghetti hoops & toast that kind of thing), followed by fresh fruit.

However, she does tend to "graze" a bit in an afternoon. But always eats her dinner so I'm not worried about it affecting that......I'm just being nosey :lol:

In the afternoon (say, a couple of hours after lunch) she'll quite easily eat a snackpot containing Goodies crisps, a couple of Goodies animal biscuits, raisins and a Babybel!! Piggy!!!

So, what do your LO's snack on? xx

Replies

• None really! Like A he doesn't have any in the morning. In the afternoon he might have a biscuit if we r at someones house but generally he doesn't have anything. Unless he is at nursery when he will have some fruit in the morning and afternoon!!!
  • My lo starts day with breakfast of ceral then will usually have his luch when he wakes and this will be toast, sandwich or similar and fruit with crisps or biscuit or 2!

I might try him with a babybel thuink he may like that hadnt thought bout that!!

Then he has tea about 5 and this usually a cooked meal with a pudding such as yog, fruit pot or custard or more fruit..

I do sometimes think he dont have snacks like the kids i used to look after at work they used to have morning and pm snack BUT dont think he has time or space in his tummy!!

Do you make all your soups by the way? As i did give soup from tin and then stopped as DH told me full off salt!

xxx
  • Yep Lucy I make all my own soups image (not a lot I don't make tbh.......apart from custard!!) xx
  • i have a proper little piglet here! she grazes all day too and usually has clementines, blueberries, cookies (oops!) babybels, lumps of cheese or usually whatever im eating!!! AND she still eats all her dinner! which is a hefty size!!

got her weighed on wednesday tho.. still only 19lb!!!! image
  • Well my little man has his breakfast, usually cereal, then has a biscuit or some raisens with a drink mid morning, then has lunch, mid afternoon he'll have a drink of milk with a few rice cakes or something then have his tea.

Doesnt eat 'that' much at meal times but likes his snacks to keep him going!!

Taking him to be weighed tomorrow so that will be interesting!! Thought i'd get him weighed before all the xmas treats! lol

Sxx
  • Can you tell me a couple of your recipes please proudmummy!

Will i had to go dr early this am for me and had to wake luen and give him breakfast on the go.. When i told dr she made me feel like i was overfeeding him?!! She asked what i fed him and i said i've just gave him a sandwich and babana (he usually has cereal) and she said that sounds alot!!!

Anybody think that dr were being silly!! xxx
  • The boys have breakfast at 6.30am, which is often a crumpet and a half each, half a pear, half a pack of raisins, some cheerios (just a handful) and 2 or 3 apricots each (Lucyloo - If a banana and a sandwich is too much for breakfast then God knows what you dr would say to me! lol)

They have a biscuit and/or a fruit bar mid morning.

For lunch they have a finger roll each, some baby crisps, a banana each, some finger fruit of some sort and half an adult sausage roll each. This is sometimes followed by a jelly if they want it.

Then mid afternoon they have a pot with 4 apricots in and a box of raisins each.

Then for tea they have a large tub of food - tonight its mince and mash but have chicken and date pie, pork and veg etc in the freezer.

I always worry they dont eat enough but most of the time they stop when theyre full now so dont need to worry quite so much. Sounds like theyre little piggies when I write it down though! lol
  • Oh, and as they dropped their milk intake so suddenly, I also give them a biscuit with a 4oz bottle, which they could take or leave, before bed
  • OMG, i dont think Seth eats hardly enough reading all of above. He is still following 91st line so i guess he's getting enough but he hardly eats a thing compared!!!!

Sx
  • Oh i like reading what others lo's eat as gives me ideas!!

Yer think the dr would've thought that alot but i didnt think she were very good anyhow...

Have got some good ideas from you now Gemmie from reading what you give the boys so will be trying Luen with it as sometimes i get stuck with same old ideas i do try to give him lots of variety.
  • Hi

C has a BF when he wakes up and then cereal/porridge about an hour later. He naps from 11 - 1 so I usually give him a banana or a fromage frais before he goes down for his nap. He has lunch when he wakes up (e.g. spag bol and a fruit pot) and has another BF around 4pm. Then he has tea at 5 (sandwich/cheesy omlette/ jacket potato etc) and a yoghurt and a final BF at 7pm when he goes to bed. He's on the 50th percentile.

Their appetites are all so different aren't they! At nursery he gets fed alot more! He has breakfast at home, breakfast at nursery, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, tea and then BF and tea at home!! They must burn up more calories at nursery!!!

WW x image