Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Need Some Inspiration

Hello ladies !

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

I really need some inspiration of what I can give DS to eat at dinner time.

We have fallen into a bit of a rut and I am bored of giving him shepherds pie or fish and mash in a cheese sauce so he MUST be bored of eating it.

Occassionaly I give him risotto (got a few portions frozen) and today I'm trying him on macaroni cheese (he used to love pasta, then went off it so fingers crossed he'll eat it today otherwise I'll be defrosting my emergency shepherds pie!!!) but we really need some new ideas !!!

Thanks

K xxx

Replies

• Hi there,

Here are some things that I give LO but I agree it is hard sometimes to get inspiration.

Our LO is generally just having what we have now.

Tonight i'm making a chicken casserole and he will have it too.

Yesterday we had spaghetti carbonara and he had it too.

He also loves sausauge casserole,

fish pie,

lentil soup with bread,

spag bol,

macaroni cheese with tomatoes in it,

beef stroganoff,

beef casserole,

turkey meatballs with tomato pasta,

mini vegetable pizzas,

sardines on toast with cheese on top.

I wouldn't mind some other suggestions too, I've not made him sheperds pie so might give that a bash.

• I was looking for some inspiration too.

And these are ideas i've got and am going to try

mini toad in the holes

mini fishcakes

mini meatballs

there was more but have forgot, as Luen at age where he wants to do himself and he dont really like his food all mushed up now!
  • DD eats what we eat, when we eat it, but to give a few ideas of what I cook:

IN this cold weather I make a lot of casseroles. I do a big batch up and cook it slowly in my Aga, then we have it the following day too (but I'll do something different "on the side"!!)

Anything really lol; oriental chicken burgers, spag Bol, risotto, goulash, moussaka etc etc.

I like to make hearty meals cuz DH hardly eats anything all day long so needs something nice to come home to image xx

I tend to use thle BBC good food website A LOT!!!
  • Grace will mostly eat Roast dinners any meat and any veg in them. We also give her fish pie, spag bog, stew and pasta. I have to admit im not a very good cook but my mum is great and will often save a portion of what she has cooked and bring it round so we normally have a freezer full of bits! xx