Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone TTCing in 2011??

Hi ,

Am just wondering if anyof uswill be ttc this year? I know we have some ladies who have and are pg already but is anyone else taking the plunge?

If so how many will this one be you last? will you find out the sex?

We will be ttc when ds is 2 so roll on 3rd Oct!! Cant stop looking at baby cloths in things like mothercare / next catelogue. We have a lot of saving and belt tightening to do before then but am already mega excited! So if anyone will be ttc before then can I live vicariously through you?? lol xx

Replies

• So exciting for you Hun!!! Good luck!!!

I'm still in 2 minds really. Ive got my post birth op next week so need to see how I feel after that. We're going on holiday in June so after then we'll discuss whether we want another or not. I'm 34 this year so time is not on my side!!!

I keep thinking that another one would be lovely and Ava is s gentle and caring with other children/babies that I think she'd love him/her but I just dont know!!

Oh and no, we wouldn't find out the sex. We didn't with DD and we found it was just simply magical at the birth (much needed after that trauma!) that we said we wouldn't found out again image x
  • No not me im afraid still getting over the trauma i suffered with Grace, im slowely coming round to the idea of having another one but if i do it wont be for a good few years.

I must admit hearing all these BFP is making me feel a little broody! xx
  • I really want to but we need to look at how we will be able to afford another etc and I know this sounds so awful that we have to think like that but if we didnt we would feel strain!!

So we said we'd see what happens as we had house on market for while and maybe (fingers crossed very firmly) that it sells before summer or we rent it out so that we can afford another!!!

xx
  • We hopefully will be - for a few months anyway - we want to go on holiday abroad in September before H turns 2 so we have to he careful when we ttc as I don't want to be in the first tri or nearing the end (especially as H was early) - so think we will start ttc in April and give it 3 months and if it doesn't happen for us, we'll give it a break until after our holiday.
  • And we won't find out the sex. And I'm open to the possibility of a third but let's see how it goes with number 2 first!!
  • Fingers crossed for everyone whos trying!

Nikkirich - I will be doing the same as you jan 2012 if i havent got bfp by then and stopping ttc over jan to avoid an oct birth.

proudmummy- 34 not old you have plenty of time once you have healed to have a good think about it

Lucyloo- I know how you feel re the moneyu but we have sort of said its never going to be ideal so will put as much away as possible now and whilst im pregnant and hopefully be ok. My main concern is mat leave because I hated going back to work this time after 7 months and to be honest if I could take the year I would so the more we save the longer I can have off. Plus DH is 41 this year and says he wants to be youing enough to enjoy a second so the sooner the better for us really.

SW- So jealous I want three but am def not allowed. . . . . . unless... I could have twins , that would put a spanner in the works . Mind you dh does say I always get my own way in the end lol xx
  • i would like to! image have been feeling broody for a while and think this may be our year for another!! not sure when but am hoping to be in the near future!! xx
  • good luck raviolig. fingers crossed you get a a fast result for your 11/11/11 baby.

Imagine if you did though - how much vindaloo would you be eating on the 10/11/11 lol

We never found out the sex and it was a lovely surprise. I know everyones different though but me me i really wanted the its a ???? moment after all that pain. 2nd time around though I think I may like to know just so if its a girl I can change the nursery to pink before she arrives. dont think DH would want to find out though so we will see when time comes x
  • We are thinking of maybe trying when LO is 2 in Oct but may leave it a little longer. We didn't find out the sex the 1st time and I don't think I would find out next time.

Think 2 is enough for us though, I would prob have more but OH will be more than happy with 2.

Good luck to everyone who is starting to ttc.

• Raviolig - i understand the diappointment thing and not 'really' trying. Im sure it will be fine Im sure I heard a theiory that those who took a longer time to concieve first time take less 2nd tyime and those who concieve quickly first time take longer 2nd?? I know its probably an old wives tale buthey you never know.

I have been lurking in TTC a little, dont recognise anyone there anymore which is prob a good thing. Wont post until we are officially ttc.

good luck xx