Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The big diet 2011

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if anyone wants to join me on traditional new year dieat.

I never start near years resolutions on new years day coz I know I dont have the will power to keep the. So my new years resolution is to lose weight starting from next monday ( as thats when the slimming world class starts).

I never really lost all the baby weight ( still have about 1/2 a stone) and whats left is like a bowl full of jelly on tummy. No amount of sits ups will get rid of it! beyond that I would like to drop 2 dress sizes from a 14 to a 10 ( without a muffin top). I have always been heavy for my size even when I was in a size 10, many many moons ago, I was at the upper end of healthy on the chart so although I will get weighed I am not setting a weight target but a size target instead

In the mean time I am scoffing every tangible bit of naughty food I can find!!

any one else?

Good Luck

xx

Replies

• Options
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! ME!!!!

I want and need to shift a stone before June but I'm seriously lacking in motivation (see my post further down). I lost 3 of the 4 stone I put on when pregnant but cannot lose this last one. I seem to drop a few pounds then put them back on again!!

I usually walk 4 miles 3x per week but what with the snow and Christmas I haven't done that for a few weeks and the appeal of one's bum sat on the sofa has been much more appealing :lol:

So vie just ordered that Claire Nasir new workout DVD and a 10 minute belly blaster DVD. Going to back on my Wii Fit too and get walking again when the weather starts to sort itself out!!

Right, PMA for us we WILL shift it image xx
  • Options
    Go proudmummy ! you can do it!!!

Its just hard getting started I know. For me I will be good as gold for 2 weeks and then dip. Its what I nearly always tend to do so will be counting on you to give me a slap when the time comes.

Let us know how your getting on xx
  • Options
    ill be joining you in may!! lol!
  • Options
    I have been following slimming world for years and think it is a brill diet well you cant even really call it a diet as it more about healhty eating and nothing is banned!

Everyday thi week i have still had my bar of chocolate oh and i didnt really follow 100% over xmas and i still lost 1/2 lb which i think good!

So i will be following you as i would still like to lose that stubborn last stone! xxx
  • Options
    I plan on shifting 9lb plus in April!!! lol Then i shall be starting my new year diet after that for real. I am determined not to sit and eat and get fat like i did after having Seth, dont think i shall have time with a super active toddler and a new born to look after!

GOOD LUCK girls.

Sx
  • Options
    Me please, i started slimming world on Tuesday and am feeling really determined will update on Tue when i get weighted. I have a long way to go got about three stine to loose so will need a lot of support!

For any ladies doing slimming world do you have a recipe for a fish pie???

xx
  • Options
    lucyloo - have to agree - did slimming world before and found it really quite easy to follow and even when I had bad wees as long as I had been reasonable it didnt cause too much pain.

The last time I did it I lost just under a stone of babyweight and thankfully I didnt put it back on but in honestly I do think its because it does change your eating habits in general.

Mic mic - dont have a fish pie recipe but get the password for the onling section at the next meeting - there will prob be one on there.

My fav 'food bargain' was ainsley harriots lentil dahl which was tasty , add some chicken to make it in to a main meal and it is still sin free.

good luck for weigh day xx
  • Options
    i have a fish pie recipe that sw friendly i will did it out in bit xx