Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

you know you have a toddler when.....

Stolen from BIS09 but thought it would be fun..

You know you have a toddler when....

your driving along in the car and point out a birdie or aeroplane and are madly waving at it and then realise that i dropped her off with nanny earlier!!

your singing songs from cbeebies instead of whats in the charts

you look and them and smile with happiness for absolutley no reason (especially when they are asleep!!)

Feel free to share yours ladies

Replies

• LOl yeah you sing along to kiddies songs on your own i know that one!!

You find yourself talking in a babyish voice sometimes when abay not about!

ALso when your working or with grown ups and their no kids you still wont say swear words as you get so used to it (or is that just me!!)

xxx
  • Definatley the singing along one - both me and dh sing along to the my pal scout songs - its very sad.

cant think of things i do though , am having a brain freeze.

When your constantly catching every bug and cold they bring home from nursery with them??

xx
  • ~ When you can't be bothered to pick up all the toys that are scattered across the floor when then are having a nap because you know as soon as they are awake, they'll all be pulled out again!

~ Only you can interpret the language they have made up and if you dare to get it wrong, all hell breaks loose with a major tantrum (maybe its just Dylan who does this?!?!)

~ You don't realise how loudly you are singing CBeebies songs when out walking with the pram and get all sorts of funny looks.

~ You constantly have to check they still have 2 shoes on as taking them off is a hilarious game to them (if only they understood how extortinate Clarks prices were!)
  • hahaha, im always singing the cbeebies songs!

you know you have a toddler when you say "ta!" to everyone, even adults! haha!

"happy happy happy happy birthday to you" bahaha, good ol cbeebies birthday song image
  • Oh this is a good one...

There is nothing beakable below 2m high in your house.

You are learning sign language from Mr Tumble "Look!" " You sign Duck!!"

You talk about woof woofs and quack quacks!

You have to eat cake and chocolate in hiding otherwise your todler will be after it!

You know all of the words to the In the Night Garden songs and regularly worry about how often the Pontipines lose their children!

Your house is full of brightly coloured plastic (most of which also involves flashing lights and noises) and you are contemplating selling the sofa in order to make room for it all! :lol:

I'm sure there are loads more too!
  • loving this thread lol!!

Like you wonderwoman have to eat my choc in hididng at the moment as lo going through phrase of not eating well so it not fair!!

Have to really praise them for doing anything remotely good hehe!
  • These are all really great and i do all of them!

This morning i found myself sat watching 'show me show me' and realsed at the end that Grace had actually left the room and was playing nicely in her bedroom!!

:lol:
  • loving this thread. Think nearly everything applys! lol

honey boo uk -- how true is the shoes thing! I am forever checking and panicking there is only one on!

xx
  • bahaha@ micmic, i actually lol'ed and had to explain to hubby what i was laughing at!

lol@wonderwoman, dont u find that your learning sign language tho! its pretty cool!! the bloke really gets on my nerves tho!!!
  • HAHAHAH, this is so funny, not been on BA for aaaaaaaaaaaages, but had to reply.

Wonder Woman, Mr Tumble and his signing, Charlie ,loves it, I actually pulled out his sophie the Giraffe the other day and went 'Giraffe!' You sign, 'Giraffe!!' haha, (it had only been on the day before, I'm not a Makaton sign language whizz!)

I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one who uses snacks as a bribe, sometimes it's just not worth the agro!!!

You also know you have a toddler when they have something in their hand they shouldn't, that last wk was too high to reach!

Every handbag, coat pocket, car glove box has an array of toys, snacks and wipes where there was once make-up, lipstick and perfume!

This is v funny, keep them coming!!! xxx
  • Very funny, and very true!!!! Can't actaully think of any at the mo, but i'll post again if i can!
  • you know when u have a toddler when the whole of your handbag gets emptied on the floor and you find LO in a pit of nappies, purse contents (bank card, boots card lol), receipts, car keys and make up with a huge smile on their face!! :lol:
  • Oh here another one hope it not just me that does this!

Found myself talking to hubby earlier and saying 'mummy feels reaaly tired and achey' and as i was actually saying it i realised that i'd put lo to bed and i was talking to him rather than to lo!?? ( oh and even more embarassing i had silly voice) :lol: xx