Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Walking

Hi ladies!

It's my day for help and advice - I think its compounded by that fact that we've had a crappy week/weekend with H teething and being totally out of sorts with it. image

H walks really well and at home walks everywhere - never crawls anymore.

Sometimes when we go out he will walk - but most of the time he wants to be carried - not easy as he is getting heavy!!! Although when he does walk - for example we often try to get him to walk in the supermarket or somewhere like B&Q - he loves it ...

If you lo's are walking, do they walk places now or do they still like to be carried???

I wonder if H is just a lazy boy ...

K x

Replies

• If we're out (say to the supermarket or in & out of shops) then she'll walk by herself. Our problem is making sure she walks in the direction we want her to :lol:

I would never let her walk somewhere that's really busy though, frightens me!

We do have some reins for her - what about getting H some? If we're out for a full day then she's in her pushchair xx
  • Forgot to add that's what we do with A, when we go to B&Q or Mothercare, those kind of places - that's when we don't take the pushchair. We only have to carry her into the shop, or pick her up if we want her to move away from somewhere x
  • Luen loves to walk when we're out and about and also indoors we just judge when is best to let him walk ie is it busy,safe etc! He is usually quite good and i have some reins for him for when i want to let him walk and whe i use these he walks just as good if not better as i can let him guide me to what direction we going etc, but obviously when i do this we have lots of time.

There are times we put him trolley (which he loves) or pushchair when we got busy or long day sometimes he will have a strop and go all rigid when put in pushchair but once we have strapped him he ok!

xxx
  • Ioan will walk, but must admit I do usually use the pushchair as he would rather walk in his direction and not where I would like to go. In shops I can only let him walk if there are 2 of us as it is too stressful-he likes to take things of the self and screams at you if you take them of him! (terrible twos starting early!)

I have brought reins for him and these are a godsend. I am now trying to let him walk most days somewhere just to get his ability increased.

This age is so much fun-he seems to learn something new everyday.

• Seth loves to walk everywhere. I live on a farm and he walks outside with me every morning with his wellies on and i can let him wonder as we have no close roads (house set back). When we go to shops, he will walk if we let him. He loves to be on his feet and running everywhere. We have a set of reins but i've not used them when out yet, he holds my hand at the moment. We're going to centre parcs in a few weeks and i think they will come in very handy there!!

Sx