Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

BROODY BROODY BROODY!!

Is anyone else???

There was a small baby in work yesterday and it set me off. abt 12 and still so new looking. I had to leave before ate her!lol Dont get me wrong H is lovely at this age but he is such a boisterous boy and will no longer cuddle mummy..ever! Just always wants to stand and play and escape and i think i have gone cuddle deficient!
Anyway it got me to thinking about when we want another. We have said we wont try before H is 2 , mainly for financial reasons . I dont want to leave a gap any longer than that really so we have sort of agreed on the date. Does any one else have any plans to have anymo0re soon?? Can I live vicariously through you?? lol xx

Replies

• I'm so broody I think it's the stage ours are at. Grace no longer wants snuggles and pushes me away when I kiss her. I went shopping yesterday and everywhere I looked there were newborns they are just so scrummy!!! We are prob not having anymore as I had such a traumatic labour I dont think I could go through it again or put my family through it!! So yes very broody but hoping my baby girl will be Into cuddles soon!! Xxx
  • YES YES AND YES lol
    I'm so broody at the moment, its ridiculous. I know financially and physically I wouldnt be prepared for one for a good while but it doesnt stop me wanting one!! I've always said I want a small age gap between DD and the next one. I always like the 2 year gap me and my brother had. So were thinking about trying when DD turns 1, which is one 4 months away image

How quick is this first year going?? x
  • I'm going through weird feelings - I can honestly say I am NOT broody whatsoever for other peoples babies!!! They just don't do anything for me anymore. Before I had DD my ovaries would skip whenever I saw a baby or toddler but now, nada. Is that odd??
    I'm possibly now just satisfied with my daughter, who knows. Haven't yet decided whether we'll add-on yet, all depends when I get "fixed" still xx
  • Jelly tots just seen your first birthday post ! lol x
  • This year is going so quick. Wont be long before we will be start 1st birthday posts and what to do for parties etc. All of a sudden i am seeing newborns everywhere aswell and they are so so cute. I would love a little girl for a second as i will only have 2 ( not allowed anymore) but now having had a little boy I would be delighted with another. Actually, im rambling, i dont care what sex a 2nd would be i just want another AND I WANT IT NOW!!! lol xx
  • Lol, I want my second now, If i were to 'accidently' fall pregnant now, I'd be over the moon! As would OH after the initial shock and panic. I read on the TTC forum that someone had heard its harder to fall pregnant second time round....I wonder how true that is? If it's true, maybe I should start trying sooner lol image
    I really want a boy next time round, I'm hoping if I have one of each maybe that will put a stop (or at least lessen) my broodiness lol. x
  • YES YES YES YES YES, we are ttc now. Well when i finally get AF, if its not here by Monday i'm off to docs to get some drugs. I cant wait to be preg again! Sx
  • Ohh Slow, how jealous am I that your starting now? I would love to be pregnant again!! Did you have trouble with AF last time? x
  • Yeah i have PCOS so dont ovulate natually, i'm waiting AF so i can start on the drugs again!
  • Oh I love this post,,, I would have another child but we can't afford to, plus we have no space and I've just got a date for my post labour op!

We were going to wait until James was a year old until we tried again, but I got really broody and insisted we tried just that one month, if it's meant to be etc... I fell pregnant straight away and was 9 weeks pregnant on James' 1st birthday, so there is 19 months between James and Isabelle.

I read somewhere that if you conceive at the beginning of ovulation its a girl and the end a boy?... well it worked for me xx
  • My sister in law has PCOS, she's really sturggling to conceive. They've been trying for over a year now. I'm hoping it won't take them much longer, they're both so broody, and I can see it hurts them each time someone else announces they are pregnant!!

Oh Downesy, I wonder if thats true, I may give it a try, I would love a boy next time round!! xx
  • Slow am so jealous - fingers crossed AF arrived so you can get busy.

Downsey I thought it was the other way around a female sperm lives longer than male sperm. That theory worked for us lol must just be chance! Do you find it hard them being close in age or is it a help? xx
  • Blue xstarx, I read that the female sperm is quicker so at the begining of ovulation they get there quicker and at the end the male sperms haven't got as far to travel (or something like that).

Personally it isn't as hard as I thought it would be, I'm very lucky that James is such an easy going little boy, very laid back and soooo happy. He's so loving and accepted Isabelle from the day she was born, even when I was pregnant he used to kiss my belly all the time and called her his baby. You do have to be very organised, and they do have to learn to be patient, James is always praised for his help. I love it and wouldn't have it any other way, they're so close and I just hope it continues. xx
  • Hi,

I don't post very often as barely get a minute to myself but I started feeling broody again yesterday so thought I'd add!!

I have Henry who is 2.5 years old and Isabelle. We have also agreed that as much as we would love more children, financially 2 makes more sense so oh doesn't know I'm very broody but soon will!

I do look at Henry now and think that it's lovely that he's a little more independent now and I have some 'me' time! Not sure how much I'd have with another lo!

Isabelle is such an easy baby so am thinking that another one soon would be ideal though as I love the age gap that I have with my 2 and also love the fact that there would only be 3.5 years between Henry and youngest too!

Also just wanted to say that we conceived first time with Isabelle so not sure if that's true about taking longer 2nd time round!

We also got a lot more help from tax credits once we had Isabelle, obviously 2 costs more but we aren't finding it as bad as I thought we would!

xxx
  • we are currently ttc too image still no AF yet this end either!! dammit!!
  • oh what a great post. I am broody and I have told my other half... and we have spoken about it.... But I must say that at the moment I am enjoying Ruben soooooo much and he does take up my time... and I feel that I would worry about being able to give him all the attention I feel he deserves, if there was another little bundle on the way!! Hmm might wait a little while as yet. LO is only 7 1/2 months as yet!
  • Hmm... as many of you know, I have had a pretty rotten start with Ollie. I absolutely LOVED being pregnant and would that bit again in a flash but I really really don't think I could handle another baby again... I'm only really just starting to enjoy Ollie properly now that he's settled and not in pain anymore!! (mind you, he is a proper screamer so I may retract that statement at his next outburst! he he) xxx
  • Well as you know i am now nearly 18 weeks pregnant and it was hard to start with as i felt so sick. I am feeling much better now though.

My sil had a baby 5 weeks ago and she bought her round to see us the other day and she started to cry (she is a bit of a colicy baby so cries quite a bit) Alfie never cries and never has, he just very rarely gets upset but he started to cry his little eyes out. I felt so bad. he calmed himself down and when she was happier i sat on the floor with her so we could all play together, he was smiling at her and touching her feet the she let out a little whinge and he started all over again. My poor little man, i hope having this baby isn't going to upset him too much, i am quite worried now.

Any advice? XX