Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09

baby monitors

can anyone recommend a reasonably priced baby monitor?

i bought a binatone one in babies r us sale and it looked fab, nightlight, plsys lullabies, 2 handsets and talk to baby function but tried using it the other night and its crap, you can't hear anything unless you talk directly into it, even when on highest sensitivity and volume. they are suppose to pick up babies every movement and grumble!!!! i'm hoping i can take them back!

would appreciate any recommendations!

jo x

Replies

• I use a BT one and its really good, can hear baby on lowest volume. Think it was ??70 ish. Its got a light, plays songs, has room temp display, torch, vibrate etc.
    \Sxx
  • I use the Tomy walkabout premier ones and they're really good although not the chepeast (can't quite remember but think around ??70).
    It's got a digital thermometer on, lights & sound and you don't need to have it turned up too much and it still picks up noises (even those lovely little murmers!!)
    I'd recommend those, Tomy do other models (cheaper) too - I got mine in Mothercare
  • We also have tomy one but have the platinum one which was rather pricey at ??90 ish but so worht it and it has vibrate setting on which i find useful as im hard of hearing and when hubby gone work it shakes me awake!
    Also it is sensitive picks up lots of noises know my hubby says he can hear everything at night lol. Plus i can hear before i take my hearing aids out xx
  • Ours was ??50 I think. Its a Lindam one. It doesnt have lots of special features, in fact, it doesnt have any special features! lol! But its fab at picking up noises!

We had a Phillips one and took it back as, while it played lovely melodies etc, I couldnt hear any noises!!

Ours has a light and light sensors on the parent unit but thats it. And I LOVE it. Much better than the Phillips one and didnt need the melodies etc as we have them on the mobile.

Gemma, Ryan and Alfie 11 weeks
  • We got the BT monitor and love it!

xxx
  • We have also got the BT monitor and it works really well.
    xx
  • I have the BT150 really think it is good
  • We've got the BT 150 too and it's great - even plays your ipod!!
  • I've got the BT plus and its fab x