Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09

cooled boiled water.

I am currently mix feeding alfie. He has been having one bottle a day but i am going to start him on two bottles a day from today. He is always geting hiccups and when he was demand feeding i would just breastfeed him and it would stop. He has been doing really well with feeding every 3-4 hours so don't want to confuse him by feeding him to stop it. Can i give him cooled boiled water to stop them as he gets them a couple of times a day and they can last up to an hour which must be so annoying for him.

Does anyone else give their little ones water? if i can i might start giving it to him to keep him going between feeds.

Charlene and Alfie (6 weeks and 1 day)
XX

Replies

• Hi i was told by hv after 2 weeks that i can introduce cooled boiled water.
    Luen doesnt like it cold though it has to be warmish for him to take any and he still not overly keen but will have when he thirsty xx
  • I tried water when I thought DS was constipated (he wasn't after all!) - but the next day he kept being sick and it was really watery so I don't think it really agreed with him.

My HV said that hiccoughs really don't bother baby ... so unless he is getting distressed I wouldn't worry too much. DS gets them ALL the time !

K x