Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Diahrrea (TMI)

Hi, my lo will be 23 weeks tomorrow. We haven't started weaning and he's still on the same milk as always (cow and gate) but since the last few days he's had a dirty nappy almost during or after all his feeds. I spoke to the doctor and he said that as long as he's taking his feeds ok then not to worry and go see them if he drops his feeds. He's taking his feeds okay but this is the 4th day now so I'm wondering whether to take him to the docs tomorrow. Not sure what to do really. Anyone else's lo's had diahrrea (not sure if that's how it's spelt!)

Replies

• Options
    Hi, g/c from BIJ. Could it be related to teething? Although I don't know why it would be after every feed. Sorry can't be of more help. xx mithical and James 10 weeks today.
  • Options
    Heya hun
    my dd developed lactose intolerance at 10 weeks and she had sever diarrhoea which occured in the middle of each feed and exploded up her back. The doctors kept insisting it was just a bug but I nkew it was more. After 2 weeks of suffering dd finaly got diagnosed and was put on lactose free milk and has been fine ever since. May be worth asking them to test.
    xx
  • Options
    Luc did she have any other symptoms? Took lo to the docs today and he checked him over and said that he's well hydrated so not to worry as long as hes feeding ok. But now reading about your lo I'm wondering if it could be anything more as he doesnt really have any other symptoms so don't think its just a bug.
  • Options
    Just wanted to add that my LO (23 weeks) had really bad diarrhea all last week- he was having over 10 dirty nappies a day, all really runny.

Took him to the doctor who said that as long as he wasn't being sick at the same time that she wasn't worried. She said it was probably a virus and to just keep him well hydrated. He had no other symptoms and was his normal happy self as well. Its only since yesterday that he is back to normal so just wanted to say that sometimes they don't always have other symptoms.

We were also told to give him water as often as possible and if he didn't take that to water down his milk for 12 hours. I was going to take him back to the doctor if it lasted any longer than 10 days but thankfully it stopped after 9
  • Options
    Heya
    No she had no other symptoms and was still happy and smiley. I just had a feeling that it was more than a virus so I insisted they did tests even though they thought I was being paranoid. She was not being sick and she was still perfectly hydrated.
    Dd was still feeding as normal but the food was coming straight out the other end which is wat made me suspicious
    xx
  • Options
    Sounds exactly like my lo. Took him to the docs again this morning but he said that they can't do any tests till monday so will have to take him back then if it carries on. I talked to the doc about lactouse intolerance and he said that he would have had symptoms much earlier if it was anything like that. I'm just really hoping he gets better soon!
  • Options
    they said that to me too hun!! they can develop lactose intolerance after having a tummy bug so tell ur gp that lol!!
    hope u get answers soon
    xx