Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09

babbling

Phoebe doesnt really seem to be doing much yet? we get screeches and raspberrys but not really any gagas or anything?! i know its not healthy to compare but im just curious as to what your babies are doing?!

(on the plus side - proud mummy moment - we have bunny hops from one side of the room to the other! image

Replies

• LO doesn't yet say mama or dada.....she screeches and blows raspberries and makes other "chatter" noises but not actual words. Although when she's tired she goes "Mer" which I think is meant for me as she holds her arms up for me to get her lol.
    Not concerned, she's doing looooooads of things for her age so I'm sure it won't be long before she's saying proper things xx
  • Well Seth says dadadadadada, screeches alot and blows raspberries, mostly with food in his mouth, but doesnt do alot else!!
    Sx
  • No mamamamamamas or dadadadas here yet! babbles and shouts a lot but no distinguishable calls for anyone really. Am trying to brainwash him into saying dada in time for fathers day! any ideas ?? lol xx
  • just saying it over and over and over and over i guess!!

can you imagine a "dadda" for fathers day?! aww!! image
  • just saying it over and over and over and over i guess!!

can you imagine a "dadda" for fathers day?! aww!! image
  • Isabelle isn't saying anything either, she just sscreeches, screams, raspberry blowing and the odd euhh or oooo.

xx
  • thanks ladies, feel a bit better now! was starting to get a bit worried! image
  • mine says mama, dada and do do (for dog)
  • mine says mama, dada, baba, gaga etc and yesterday said ca for car!
    He also screeches a lot!
    On the other hand he is not sitting on his own yet!
  • yep they're all so different. We have loads of different noises but I have as yet not noticed that they are aimed at anyone or anything particular. I think he's just practising sounds. We have following: Dadadadada, Mamamamama, Nanananana, Bababababa, lots of rasberries and screeches and an Ungah! (which seems to have to do with him being angry)!!! I love the noises!!!!
  • yeh, ok, i guess they are either practicing talking or practicing moving! we arent having many noises but she sits on her own and has started crawling!
  • see, there you go, Ruben can not sit very well unaided and is only just starting to look like he might want to crawl soon. But he never shuts up. :0)