Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09

Milk before or after solids???

Hi there ladies, I haven't been on here for ages but just wanted to know whether you are giving your lo milk before or after solids?
My son Joshua will be 9 months next week & at the moment I am giving him milk before his solids.
I breasfeed him first thing in morning, then he has porridge & banana & some toast, then I feed him at about 11.30 then lunch at 12.30. He then has 6oz bottle at 3.30-4pm, dinner at 5.30 then I give final breasfeed just before bedtime.
He seems absolutely fine with this but been reading that I should be giving milk feeds after solids now. So just wanted to know what you were all doing.
Any replies would be really appreciated!!
Thanks!
Nat

Replies

• Morning!
    Well this is Seths routine.
    7.15am ish porridge/yogurt/toast etc
    8.30am Milk
    11.30 Lunch (solid)
    2.30pm Milk
    4.30/5pm Tea (Solid)
    6.30 milk
    Hope this helps.
    Sx
  • This is Grace routine
    07:00 - Milk
    08:30 - Breakfast (is rubbish with this and hardly ever has any)
    12:00 - lunch
    14:30 - milk
    16:30 - tea
    18:50 - milk

MicMic and Grace
    xxx
  • The boys have never drank milk with their solids so we did go through a stage where I was feeding one or the other every 2 hours or so! However, they are not fans of milk and now only have 2 milk feeds (they were 9 months on 5th July)

This is our day

6am - 6oz bottle
    7am Breakfast - porridge and fruit
    10.30am - Snack - banana and fruit bar or some jelly
    12.30 - lunch - meat/veg followed by fruit or jelly
    4 - dinner - similar to lunch
    6pm - 6oz bottle (which they rarely drink!)

I dont know what to do about their milk feeds to be honest as they are not allowed dairy due to a reaction when they were little (although the blood tests have come back fine, paed wants to wait till they are 1). I worry they are not getting enough milk, but I cant force it into them and they just dont want it!

Gemma, Ryan and Alfie 9.5 months
  • Ooh, I had no idea about milk after solids!! We do this tho......

7am - milk
    8am - Brekkie
    11:30 - lunch
    2 - 3pm - milk
    6:50pm - milk

Seem pretty similar to the others!!

(Mic Mic, I notice your milk is 6:50 too, is that after In The Night Garden per chance?! LOL!)
  • my god you all have dinner really early!! lol

ours is

7am milk
    8am breakfast
    11am milk (currently trying to drop)
    12.30 lunch
    2.30-3.00 milk
    6pm dinner
    7.30 milk
  • Yep we are big fans of in the night garden. She has her bottle over the bedtime story then always shoves her bottle out for the song at the end for a little dance!!!! Xxxx
  • Lol Mic Mic!!

Just realised I didn;t put in tea on how our day goes, it must look like I deprive my baby of a meal, ha ha!!! We have tea at about 4:45 xxx
  • LO not a big fan of milk really

7am 6 oz bottle
    8.30 am - prorridge / fruit/ toast fingers
    1200 - lunch - meat / veg / pasta followed by yoghurt
    2pm snack - baby biscuit/ fruit/ yoghurt
    4pm dinner - similar to lunch although I am experimenting with fish fingers - home made chicken nuggest followed by fruit / custard/ rice pudding/ jelly or something similar
    6.30-7.00 pm 7 oz milk

xx