Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Breakfast

Morning ladies and gorgeous babies! image

Just wondering what time you give your LO's there first bottle and then what time they have there breakfast?

S has his milk at around 7am and then goes back to bed and once dressed etc he'll have his porridge or whateve at 9am but he never seems interested in it and will only have about 2 spoonfuls and thats it. I've tried all sorts but i dont think its what i'm giving him its just that he's not hungry.

Any suggestions on what i could do?!

Sx

Replies

• Hiya

Jake could have his bottle at any time in the morning at the moment so maybe not much hekp to you. He could have it at 4,5,6 or 7 lol but then will always have his breakfast between 8.30-9.30 and eats it all loves his breakfast. could you give him his breakfast an hour later or even half an hour? What time does he have his lunch? Jake usually has his breakfast and then wont have anything then apart from water untill 12.30-1pm xxxx

sorry not much help xxx
  • He has his lunch at 11.30 which is perfect for me and all his other meal times are perfect for us too. He has a bottle at 3 and his tea at 5 and last bottle at 6.30.
    I thought about giving him his porridge first then top up with milk at 7am but then milk is most imporrtant still isnt it?
    Sx
  • Hello image
    DD has a 6 oz bottle of milk at 7am then breakfast is at 7.45/8 am (after I've wolfed my porridge down :lol:!!!)
    She has Weetabix made with whole milk followed by (usually) mashed banana & mango.

She's off her food at the moment though, she's not liking me spoon feeding her. She'll take some but then she's not too fussed. I'm putting it down to teething and how hot it is!!!! She'd rather drink lots of water lol!!

So could be the same thing with Mr S - have you tried changing what you give him? I've just bought the Plum range of porridge with apricot & ermm it's another fruit anyway ha ha!!! Just in case she's sick of Weetabix!

Milk *is* still important, however they only need 18 oz's per day when on 3 meals and this can consist of milk on cereal, yoghurt & cheese/dairy products so I'm sure he'll be fine if you wanted to try giving him breakfast before bottle? So you could perhaps give him his "food" at 7am, back to bed then bottle when he wakes from his nap??
    I wouldn't necassarily (sp?) change your timings on things, do what works best for you, just maybe tweak things a bit.
    HTH xx
  • The weather is deffo causing S to not be so hungry which is most unlike him! We all know how much he loves his food!!lol
    I cud try food first but then he has his bottle sat on my bed and then we have cuddles b4 going backi to his cot for his nap! Might try some of that plum porridge. I've tried weetabix with whole milk, same with banana, fruity porridge, plain porridge, ready brek, fruity pots with cereal!! Maybe i cud try givin him less milk as he has enough most days anyway as he has 8oz at 3 pm and about 5oz at bedtime plus yogurts, cheese etc so if i only gave him 5-6oz and see if he'd eat more then!
    I'll give it a go!
    Thanks
    Sx
  • I know what you mean, it's lovely to have a nice routine in place so why change it?? Stick with giving him his milk 1st thing but just reduce how much he takes, hopefully should make some room for brekkie!!
    Good luck, but yer I'm sure the heat has something to do with it. DD loves her grub too lol so I'm shocked she's not wanting her normal amounts :lol: x
  • Isabelle is a nightmare with breakfast as well, only 2-3 spoons of weetabix - it drives me bonkers, but I know gradually she'll take more! xx
  • pheebs like breakfast more than dinner! lol

we have porridge too.. she wakes up and 7.45 and i give her a breastfeed then at 8/8.15 we have breaskfast and she has a few ounces of formula milk with her porridge. she has the heinz porridge, its so nice i could eat it!
  • H has his bottle between 7:30 and 8 and then his breakfast between 8:30 and 9. He doesn't seem very interested in breakfast either - but then he's not that interested in any meal at the mo image
  • Since I've switched to the Plum range super porridge with apricot & apple - oh my goodness she's wolfing it down! Could be coincidence she seemed to be on form with her food again yesterday I'm not sure but she had it again today too and loved it.
    Don't blame her, porridge is yummy image x
  • H has his breakfast first too..using some/most of the 50z bottle then about 15 mins later i offer him the rest of the milk. He is on 4 x 5oz bottles. I might just start using soya on his breakfast like we have then just give him 3 x 6 oz? or should he keep the breakfast one?
  • Seth has started waking later in the mornings now (7.30) which is really messing things up. He no longer goes back to sleep which i miss as doesnt give me chance to get dressed and because he's later he's even less interested in breakfast.

PP, i shud just go with him, Seth dropped his lunch time bottle and has an early one, mid afternoon and a supper one. Everything else is extra like his porridge, yogurt etc.
    Sx
  • our morning routine is loose now as it has to be with me being back at work. Milk at 0700 - 0745 depending on if im in work, breeakfast at 0830 - 0915 dependandant. Think the heat has really put him off brekky this last week as well as being poorly but usually wolfs it down esp if i put purreed peach with it or something sweet. slow I would try swopping milk and food around for breakfast just once and see if seth goes for it. xx