Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How much and how often

Heya
I'm ff dd and just wondering how much and how often everybodys lo's are feeding. dd takes 5-6oz every 3-4 hours in the day and goes 5-6 hours in the night. She is having 5 feeds every 24hours.
xx

Replies

• hi

Jake is a bit hit and miss at the moment but usually takes 5oz every 3-4 hours and is going 7 hours at night.
  • Hi
    Seth is taking about 4oz every 3 hours in day and then takes his 5 oz at night. Normally does 5/6 hrs then 4 hrs. He's having about 7 feeds in 24 hours.
  • That's pretty much the same as my DD; however she'll happily want 7oz at the last feed and i'm happy to give it to her, perhaps this is what takes her through the night??
    It's usually just 5ox feeds during the day though every 4 ish hours, then every 5/6 hours in the night xx
    5+5
  • Had just wrote reply when it say it not working grrr.
    Luen has upto 6 oz and has just started to go 4 hrs between feeds and he has last bottle at about 8/830 and will polish off all 6 oz and then goes 5 hours before he wakes for next feed, he doesnt go straight to sleep.
    Youve just put an idea in my head Kelly i may try and increas that feed by an oz or 2 as he may sleep tiny bit longer as wheh he wakes at 130 ish he can be monkey with this feed and my hubby has been doing this feed bless him xx
  • H has 6oz at his first and last feed of the day and 5oz at his feeds during the day and his night feed - he goes 3/3.5 hrs during the day and anywhere between 5 and 8 hours at night. I think he could go longer during the day but I set this routine as it fitted in with when he has his first feed of the day (7:30) and his bedtime routine (last feed a 7:45pm).

K x