Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09

My baby is due in October 2010

Not mine lol but just noticed this forum is up and can't believe that a year ago I joined due in Oct '09!!

Ahhhh how lovely for the new pregnant mummies to be to embark on the same journies we went on last year.

Makes me want to do it again image Not just yet though image
xxx

Replies

• I had noticed that too!! Am quite sad that our pregnancy journey went so quickly image
    Don't think we will have another baby either.
    This year has gone so fast but it has been the best year EVER!! Nothing can top dd being born-love her so much!!
    xx
  • I know what you mean, I think it's all made me very emotional thinking back to a year ago yesterday getting my BFP aahhhh.

Why no more Luc? xxx
  • I know it doesnt take much for me too get emotional these days lol!! I just look at Bri smiling and want to cry with happiness!!
    No more cos I just feel like I went through so much to get dd just couldnt do it all again. Had a mmc which was the worse day of my life-then another 12 months ttc thinking it would never happen and ttc controlled my life. Then pre-eclampsia with me being really ill and dd stopping growing at 35 weeks. It scares me to think what could have happened to me and dd. Just could not go through all that again. Plus I want dd to have ALL my love and attention.
    dd has been such an easy baby I dont think I would be very good if I then had a difficult baby!!
    How many more do u want?
    xx
  • oh hun, I can totally understand why you wouldn't want to put yourself (and your husband) through all that again. It must have been awful to go through a mmc then all the worry when pg with Bri so yes, she can have all your love lavished on her (which I'm pretty sure she does) xxx

We'd love 1 more but if it didn't happen then I'm really grateful for having a gorgeous & healthy daughter already.
    I enjoyed being pregnant but had an awful recovery from birth (well, still not recovered) so that worries me about next time labour but I'd have to cross that bridge if or when it happens.
    For now though I'm more than happy with my little family image xxx
  • Tomorrow is the anniverday of me gettting my BFP. I was so excited, hubby was in Holland and i rang him and screamed then cried down the phone!! We had to have blood tests to check the preg hormone level was rising due to PCOS and it was the most terrifying long few days of my life. Thankfully all went well and i had such an easy preg and birth (probably why i have a grumpy, nocturnal baby now!!) although he is getting better thankfully. I miss being preg and would do it all again tomorrow, but i think i will resisit and wait til he is one so i can give him all my love and make the most of him being 'little' lol.
    Sxx
  • As I'm writing this, I'm listening to Evan farting away in his moses basket;-) Can't believe it's nearly a year since we found out, it's been strange as my OH's dad passed away really suddenly, and two weeks later we found out, and it feels awful that we couldn't tell him he had another grandchild on the way. We'd love another one, but have been told i have to wait two years before trying again, as Evan was so big, i'd need tome to recover. And the midwife also said second babies were nearly always bigger.... how much bigger than 11lb could i manage!!

Jx
  • omg....i thought you were announcing your 2nd BFP Kelly!!!!

I can't believe it's nearly been a year since i found out, where does the time go. I loved being pregnant this time around and would easily do it again but like Slow will resist till Caden is one proberly. I can't imagine what life was like before Caden now, feels like he's always been here. I was worried about loving one more than the other but i shouldn't have. I love the both to pieces and Callum has made me so proud with how he has accepted his baby brother (making me cry thinking about it). He's been asking if i can have a baby girl next as he'd like a little sister bless him

xxx
  • Phew, thought you were gonna say you were pregnant!! lol

SLOW - tomorrow is the anniversary of our BFP to! Can't believe its been a year.

Its mad to think what happened all through the pregnancy, the bleeding at 7 weeks where I'd thought I'd lost the baby, the tummy pains, the back pains, the nausea and heartburn. But when I look at my baby boy it was so worth it.

Just read on the baby forum a post asking for memory box ideas from a lady who has cancer and won't get to see her baby boy grow up. I cannot imagine her pain, makes me treasure my boy more xxx
  • Where does the time go? I mean seriously, 12 months - vanished! Well not quite vanished :lol: but ykwim!!
    Ah yes a year ago I was about to be struck down with constant morning sickness for the following 16 weeks bleugh! Ahh all worth it though for having my lickle smoochy chops image

Aww no MM I've just read that over on Baby and that is just so tragic, I cried Reading it , what a horrid thing to go through :cry:
    Really does make you appreciate everything you've got xxx
  • H He kelly - thought you were announcing a bfp. Was just thinking yesterday how saturday will be a year to the day i got my bfp and a part of me got all weepy. remember the excitement and shock of seeing that magic line and them the magic words 'pregnant' on the cbd. so exciting and telling dh was so emotional. it seems that the last year has flown and now H is here i still sometimes look at him and get all weepy. This has been the single most amazing thing ever. I do want another but not for a little while just want to enjoy watching my little man grow and learn.

is anyone planning silblings anythime soon?? xx
  • Like everybody else Kell i thought you was annoucing something lol!!
    I dint find out til about 12 feb and remember going shopping with hubby on the sat which happens to be valentines day (i think lol) and our anniversay of meeting so it was marked quite well. It has gone so fast now think the babies grow faster than our pregnancies did!

xxxx