Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09

A full nights sleep!!!

Finally the little man has managed a full night! Prob won't do it again (lo) but at least I know he can do it.

He went down without a single murmur at 7pm, had a dreamfeed at 11pm and then woke up at 7am.

I'm soooo proud of him. I woke up in the night about 4 times just to check on him and to express as he missed his early morning feed so my milk was well and truly waiting!!

Fingers crossed he can repeat the performance.

Hope all you girls and babies are doing well.

ximage

Replies

• Well done Tigger! My little man has managed 12 hours straight through for the last 5 nights!! I put him down at 7pm and he wakes up at 7am for his morning feed! I know what you mean about the boobs!! The first time he did it the bed was soaked with milk!! Why do breast pads never stay in place??!! Hope he continues to sleep well - I still keep saying that it won;t last for my lo - it's just too good to be true!!

WW x
  • Well done to both your babeis and hope your enjoying the full night sleep again. I remember when Luen started sleeping longer i just couldnt believe it would last and it is (touchwood)!
    WW- your lo certainly sleeps well at night what do you do different!! xxx
  • well done with a bit of luck it will become more regular and then you can start sleeping through yourself xx
  • Tigger2 and WW - are your lo's still sleeping through? Like your lo's Dylan is bf and i need some hope!!! At the moment i can still only dream of him sleeping through, going 4 hours in the night is good going for him image

• Hi Honeyboo!
    Yup Callum is exclusively breastfed. He used to feed every 3 hours and he then extended it to 4/5 hours. Then suddenly he did 9 and a half hours one night and that stuck for a while so we only had to do 1 night feed. Then he dropped that. I feed him at 7pm and he has been sleeping through until 7am! No dream feeds and no top ups! He has slept through the last 6 out of 7 nights. Tonight he kept falling asleep during his 7pm feed, so I did feed him again at 8 when he woke up. Hope this offers you some hope!!

WW xXx
  • WW I know what you mean about the breast pads!!! Callum is doing fantastic.
    Ioan slept till 5am last night, had a quick feed then woke up at 8am. So not too bad.
    Honeyboo-He has slowly got longer over the last few weeks, at first he was up at 2,4,6 then 8 but has slowly stretched so now he rarely wakes for a feed before 5 and has shown that he can make it to7 if he wants!!
    Your LO will start sleeping longer soon. Ioan is a much better sleeper if I have made sure he has regular naps in the day-normally by taking him out on lots of walks as he isn't keen on sleeping in his cot during the day!
  • my son was sleeping great and just feeding once through night and had managed one night right through but since his jags last week he has went totally backwards and is up twice now as well as getting up for the day much much earlier!!!!