Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09

Been made redundant :(

Hello lovely ladies and gorgous babies! Hope you're all doing good. Not been here for a while and just been reading up some of the posts.

Can't belive DS is 8 months already! What are you all up to? Has anyone gone back to work and how are you finding it. I got made redundant 2 weeks ago! I was thinking about going back part-time as my maternity pay has finished and we are struggling a little bit financially. So now I'm looking for a new part-time job. Was thiniking of doing something like Usborn books or something similiar. Does anyone have any tips? x

Replies

• Hi 1st-time-bump, Really sorry to hear you've been made redundant. Cant really help on the job front or usborn books but just want to wish you luck in finding something you enjoy image
    Sx
  • Sorry to hear you have been made redundanty. Really hope you find something suitable for you soon x
  • Grrr!
    I've been made redundant too. Such A shock. Didn't expect it at all. It was about 2 months ago. Still havent found anything else. Soooooo stressful isn't it? Let us know how you get on!! I'm looking for a new part time job as well, Graphic design in my case. It's not easy, there isn't really anything out there in my field at the moment. I'm also working on starting up a giftware design company with a friend. It is fun but more of of a hobby than a money-maker. Should be up and trading by end September with any luck. Childrens' T-shirts, baby grows, mugs, teatowels, totebags... that sort of thing.
  • It was a shock for me too but not in the way it happened! Basically the way they've gone about doing it was really unfair, I spoke to a solicitor today and she said I;ve got a really good case to sue them for unfair selection of redundancy! Going in to see her in July when she's back off holiday and sit down and talk to her about it.

Good luck with your giftware company, it sounds good. Is it going to be personalised stuff? Are you going to be selling on the internet or just local? x
  • Good luck with the solicitor. My redundancy is looking a little 'iffy' as well... but I really don't have it in me to fight it. In my particular case it does not look like there's much I could do anyway.

Not so much personalised (well at least not to start off) but personal. We decided to start up as we both struggled finding baby and kids clothes that weren't "cutsie" or baby blue or baby pink. We're both scandinavian as is our design style I think. Oh I ramble...sorry.

We'll be both internet and in the shops and at fairs and similar. I should post the web address here once we're up and running!