Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Embarrassing and silly moments!!

Ok have decided to share a couple of embarassing and silly moments of mine and hope others will to make me feel like i' normal (whatever that is lol)!!
Last week i turned up to 2 appointments at the right time but on the wrong day! SO after spending 15 minutes trying to find space in car park i found out i had got wrong day (had even wrote it in diary wrong) for his health visitor appointment, thne next day i went to his next appointment and had actually missed his injections!!
The other night when i was making Luen bottles up i boiled water and waited patiently for 30 mins and when it came to making them i had only got enough water for 3 bottles, he has 5! I was tired so used my emergency cartons that time....
I'm hoping you will share any stories with us :lol:

Replies

• I could write a book! My 6wk check I got right time wrong day, oops, but my best is actually from when I was pregnant and had serous baby brain and for some reason I thought mw had said my name, so I walked in on her to be examining another lady, was slightly mortafied!
  • Okay this is really silly... Two days in a row I've been putting my contact lenses in, in the morning. I always do the right one first, so I put the right one in and then when I open the left one I'm really surprised as the left one is in there - its only then I remember I'm putting them in and it should be there not taking them out!! I honestly stand there looking at it like an idiot!!

I also went through a stage where I would put James and Izzy in the car and then the buggy in the boot and then try and then open the back door to get in the car to drive - I haven't owned a 3 door since James was born 23 months ago!!

Oh and I keep trying to unlock the front door by pressing the carkeys central locking???

Oh I've lost the plot...

xx

[Modified by: Downesy on February 10, 2010 10:38 PM]

• I wasn't quite with it this morning as we had had a bad night with both having colds and then when I was changing AJ he puked, peed and pooed on me so thought best give him a bath quick as it was too much to clean up with wet wipes.

So, I put a nappy on him anyway to prevent getting decorated again, go run his bath, strip my clothes off then grab him and a cuddle robe, walk back to the bathroom and then put him in the bath.. with his nappy on. I don't know who was more bewildered, him or me! xxx
  • Lol at you mm just had me in stitches reading yours sorry!
    Oh and downsey i have done similar where have tried to get in back seat i then look at myself and think what the hell am i doing!! xx
  • You guys had me in hysterics hope you dont mind me intruding on your thread my funny story is from when i was pregnant i work as a hairdresser so as you can imagine i work with lots of mirrors well 1 day towards the end of my pregnancy i'd had a really busy day with lots of clients when i looked at myself in the mirror and realised i'd only put make up on my 1 eye and i mean eyeshadow,eyeliner mascara the works and nothing on my other eye and no1 told me! a serious case of baby brain and it doesn't leave you when baba comes along does it??? i swear im worse then ever lol :lol:
  • Oh charlielou I can't believe no-one told you!! Thats awful.

You're never intruding, all threads are open, more the merrier image xxx
  • charlielou that is fantastic,,,, could have been starting a new fashion trend!! xxx
  • OMG you lot make me laugh :lol:
    I can't honestly think if I've done anything daft.......I'm sure I will have as hey well it's me!!!!
    xx