Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

he screams blue murder when ...

ever i take his bottle out of his mouth to wind him! H seems to know the bottle is not empty and therefore i should definately not be taking it away. Does anyone elses lo do this and does any one have any idea on how to stop it?
The screams are really high pitched and sound really bad tempered. you would think someone had just pinchedhim not just removed a bottle from his mouth. its not that he is starving either he has 3 7 oz bottles in day and an 8 oz bottle before bed. He is very settled into his routine and has never suffered with colic or reflux. any ideas appreciated ( otherwise i gues i will just have to get some ear plugs lol)

thanks ladies x

Replies

• Hey hun,
    I'm afraid I can't offer any advice - he obviously loves his grub and just dies not want it taken off him :lol:
    My DD sometimes gets cranky with me when I take it off her to wind her but she's terrible as I can't keep feeding her cuz she has actually got wind!! Like a vicious circle lol but I still do it.
    All I can say is just take it off him anyway, hopefully he'llsoon learn that he gets his milkybots back once he's done some windypops image
    Good luck - earplugs next option haha!! xxx
  • I agree with Kelly, tere is not alot else can do. Luen does same so sometimes with him it best to let him finish bottle then wind! I do have times when he finihes whole bottle and he then has a scream for a minute or 2 then he stops so guess it takes a minute for his tummy to register that he full.
  • Yep, Seth does exactly the same, if i even try to stop to wind inbetween bottle he will scream the house down. He now drinks 8oz in one go and then does a massive burp at the end.
    Seems to work for him.
    Sxx
  • Jake does the same so i ake dont take it off him i let him finish the whole bottle then wind him after he seems fine with this though. he still crys for a bit after tho untill he realises he doesnt need anymore xx
  • my son did this wen he was little, i tended to just let him drink it then wean him wen he had finished, better that than the hassle of him through a hissy xx
  • thanks guess im not the only one eh. i still find it hard to believe such tiny people can be SO loud ! lol x
  • do your lo's wave there arms around too and start panicking? mine always has the high pitched squeal when i stop him half way through to wind him but i thought he was doing that because he had wind as he immediately does a burp afterwards. I daren't let him drink a bottle in one go cos he does have trouble with wind at the other end so i like to get as much out as I can from the top!
  • spark he does get very panicky. The high pitched sqeal reminds me of the one he gave the first time he had his jabs. its def not coz he has got wind though as he is generally good at giving it up and doesnt always get wind. oh well poor thing must think i am taking it away for good xx