Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09

Car seats

Hi

just wondering how many have taken the headrests out of your car seat yet? Jake looks like he is starting to get squashed and not have a lot of room in his car seat. I hav e got a maxi-cosi one xxx

Replies

• Hi hunni, we have the maxi cosi cabriofix too but not yet taken the headrest out. However im thinking the same as you, sometimes DD can look a bit squashed and she tends to wriggle her head so think we'll remove it shortly - she's not a tiny baby (almost a stone now!!) and she has good head control xxx
  • Thats what i was thinking Kelly i will prob give it another week or so and see how we go with it image x
  • We moved Luen's straps up to next size hole as they were getting too tight on him when wrapped up warm. And thinking of doing the same thing soon xx
  • lol...ive only just taken the newborn support out of ours and the boys are 12 weeks old!! Headrests will be in for a while yet!! image
  • Heya,
    We've got a Jane car seat and just yesterday took the newborn support out as he's too big for it (infact i didnt know it came out) if i knew that it would have been out far sooner!!
    Dont think his head rest thing comes out though.
  • What is the difference? I thought the newborn support was the headrest. I have just noticed a wedge under the seat that comes out is that the newborn support. If so i am going to take that out as Alfie is really squashed in it now but thought he was too young to have the headrest taken out.

Charlene and Alfie.
    11 weeks today
    XX