Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Weaning..Which Veggies?

H is now happily eating fruit porridge, plain baby rice, banana and carrot. What other veggies are good for puree-ing?!
Dx

Replies

• Sweet potato, butternut squash, parsnips etc - any root vegetable atm then you can introduce brocolli, cauli etc
    Do you have an AK book? It's really good & gives you loads of ideas.
    I got the baby meal planner one & the top 100 purees xx
  • We have tried butternut squash and parsnip too so far and she prefered them to carrot which I tried first. Not tried any fruit yet though.
    xx
  • Thanks ladies, I've just ordered that book Kelly it looks good x
  • Seth's tried, butternut squash, sweet potato, normal potato, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower (u can buy baby cheese sause so i make causliflwer cheese). He's also tried tomato, spinach and courgette this week and loved it (funny colour but good texture)!
    He's also had, apples, pears, strawberrys, blueberries, kiwi, banana, mango and pineapple.
    Sx
  • Slow,
    Can I ask if you just mashed the normal potato cos I read you're not meant to put it in the blender cos of the startch?
    Thanks
    XX
  • Oh i dont know about that CassieC, i put Seths in the blender with some carrot and some boiled water. It was the same consistency as the stuff u buy in jars, He's had some Hipp carrot and potato and liked it so i just made some according to the ingredient dec on the jar.
    Sx
  • Thanks Slow, I'll just try like you said cos she didn't like carrot on its own so maybe would prefer it with potato - good idea!
  • It just takes the strong falvour away. One of Seths favourite is Spinch, Courgette and a tin of tomoatoes cooked and blitzed up. It is a horrid brown colour but he eats it!