Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Not finishing bottles...

Hey Ladies,
H is now on solids 3 times a day but as he is not quite 6 months i still offer his 7oz bottle, although we have dropped the dream feed.
After he has eaten he often leaves 3/4 oz? i was wondering if your babies do the same and maybe he is just full? Sometimes he does finish them? He has got a cold though so maybe he is a bit off his bottle.. But i was just wondering if i should be worried?
D and H 25 weeks x

Replies

• Options
    Alfie has done just the same thing but i have upped his lunch and tea to ice cubes of veg from 2. He is still getting the 20oz that he is meant to so i am not worried. I also use his milk to make his breakfast still to make it up a bit. See how he goes but as long as he is getting the 18-20oz then i think that should be fine.

Charlene
    XX
  • Options
    ohhh forgot to say another thing we have done for the last day or two so dont know if it has been coincidence is dropped a bottle. He was having them at 5am, 10am, 3pm and 6pm. Since sleeping through he won't drink the 10am one as he has one at 7am when he gets up so now he has
    7am, 12pm and 6pm. and he has started drinking more of them. XXX
  • Options
    Heya, Seth has also started dropping milk intake. Never thought i'd see him leave milk in the bottle. He is on 3 large meals a day now and although is having 20oz a day i make sure i make his porridge in the morning with milk and any other food in the day i use milk where i can (in mashed banana etc). MY HV said he may drop another bottle soon anyway but at the mo he wants the bottle just only taking 5-6 oz instead if 8 like he was before!