Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Update

Hello ladies !!!

How are you all - I've been away for a bit so thought I'd catch up with you all!!!

DS is such a little dude these days !! He now has three teeth and a fourth imminent! He's not crawling but is up on all fours ready to go - he looks like he's starting a race ! Ha ha !!1

He's generally a happy little boy until his teeth hurt then he's a right whingebag.

We are still BLW which is going well - he just needs to learn to use his new teeth! Ha ha!

How are you all getting on ??

K xxx

Replies

• Hello lovely lady, hope you had a fab holiday?
    H sounds like he's coming along just grand. Your recent photos he looks reeeeeeally tall!!

We're doing great, she's like a little fireball now & always on the go. Can't keep her still!! She's into EVERYTHING.....or I should say everything she shouldn't be (wires, remotes, mobiles, cat food etc etc :lolimage
    It's brill though! She's standing really strong now too & has started to pull herself up little madam!
    Still no bloomin teeth grrrr!!!!!!! xx
  • Hello you,
    Hope you had a fab hol.
    Well Seth has no teeth yet, still isnt even attempting crawling really, he rolls everywhere he wants to go!!
    I think he will walk first to be honest, he stands up so well and his legs are so strong. Just needs to work on the balance!!
    Sx
  • Hi, How was the holiday?
    They really are so cute at this age. DS has no teeth! is a gummy bear is on all fours ready to go but then goes backwards! Can not get his head around going forwards so instead rolls himself into the direction he wants to go then backs into it. Is amusing to watch.
    He cant be left now, started to pull himself up in cot so had to lwer it to lowest level now. He has strong legs but takes some time to get the idea he needs his feet flat. I dont think he will ever crawl forwards and will prob skip to walking.
    Kelly - has she broken anything with the remotes yet or put the telly on a setting you cant change back??

Hope your all well xx
  • No - but she temporarily broke my iPhone! She drooled over it, or down it, and it completely froze!! Eeeek, thankfully I sorted it out and I've not allowed her near it since. Our Sky remote is out of her sight, we've got a few old ones (batteries removed) that she plays with!!
    These babies are strange creatures lol! x
  • Oopps! It really does amuse me ! Why do babies want phones/ remotes and anything they cant have? H broke the tv at my mums ( was brand new last week). It took them hours to figure out how to fix it ( which i found hilarious). He had pressed or rather chewed some dodgy combination of buttons and it had some how untuned it out of the sky box. Havent the foggiest how. lol He also has a knack of chewing away at the remote and at the critical time turning over. DH was gutted H turned over just as one of the TT races were about to fin and he missed who won. Lesson to be learnt - dont give babies working remote controls lol xx
  • Whoops :lol: I find it amazing how they manage these things though - makes you wonder what goes through their minds?!
    Ava did something really weird to my laptop the other day, she'd literally only pressed a button, or a combination of them, but I've never seen any computer do it before and it took me nearly an hour to get it back to normal, having to go through several different programms along the way?!!!! I found it funny though lol x
  • Hi everyone,

Dylan now has his bottom two front teeth and bloody hell they are sharp, luckily we haven't had any problems with boobie biting but he quite often has a gnaw on my finger and it hurts!!!!

He is also crawling and is getting better and better at it every day. He seems to speed up when he is after something he knows he cannot have eg. phone, laptop cable, handsets! He is also babbling lots and lots and shouting at any passing strangers!

Is anyone else having any trouble with hair pulling and face grabbing? Dylan is quite rough and I worry he will hurt other babies so I'm having to tell him no constantly (which I feel bad doing but I really don't want him to hurt another baby).

Does anyone else not have development checks in their area? Dylan was suppose to have one at 6 weeks (the woman was off sick and only did it when he was 13weeks old!!!) and he will not be getting another one until he is 18months, this seems ridiculous to me but didn't know if it was the case in most areas.

Jo x x x
  • jo, ask your health visitor about the 7-9 month check up! they should be having one!! ours is soon!

face pulling and grabbing we are having trouble with too- i have threatened to get my hair cut short and every week grandad goes to work with a fresh scratch on his face! lol! hopefully it will pass!

with regards to the phone/remote/keys- i am back to my brick phone after one too many drops on the floor! thanks phoebe!!
  • DS loves the sky remote - we've had to give him an old one of his own! He also pulls my hair and scratches - and he likes to bang - I feel sorry for his little buddies if I don't catch him in time !!! LOL
  • H does like to bang and grab. I have a diff prob. His grandad is bald and thinks its the funniest thing in the world to encourage H to slap him of his head!!! I mean seriously what if he does it to another lo in nursery. Does anyone ever wonder how grandparents managed to raise them with such a lack of common sense? Or is it a grandparent thing that as soon as you have one they lose all sense of discipline and teach the lo naughty stuff to get you back for all things you did when you were little??
    xx