Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How are you now making purees?

Hello Mummies
Yes i'm still enjoying the sunshine today - typing this on my phone in the garden while DD naps image

Just wondered how you're making your purees now? With added lumps? I'm finding it difficult to not over mush things!!!
xx

Replies

• Some of mine are lumpy and some arent. Im still using the blender but im trying not to blend too much. However, the boys have struggled with lumps in their purees. They have been much better with adding things such as couscous, and using chicken, beef and pork, which dont puree smooth. Oh, and sweetcorn, as the husk stays in tact!

Sunshine is gorgeous! However, very hot nights not quite so much fun!
  • Hi Kelly

Well i use purees and Ellas kitchen whilst i am back at work and Jake is getting used to child minders. I now add chicken, beef, pork and do veggie ones but still use blender for most just dont blend as much thats all. Mash some of the softer foods and Jakes loving them. Still not moved onto hand held food yet though xxx Sun is good today isnt it image xxx
  • Good evening ladies - and baby boys of course image

I'm still blending (using hand blender) but I can't seem to get actual lumps. I'd say it looks more textured now than the original slop :lol:
    She's not doing too bad on the lump front, she'll gag but hasn't been sick with it for a loooooong time thank goodness.

Yeah Gemma, the meat doesn't pur????e smooth anyway does it? A few bits of chicken made her gag tonight but she was fine with it.

I do give her finger foods and she's happier with them than me spoon feeding her tbh!!!

Hope you're all doing well?

Tigger - how's the return to work going? xx
  • Hello lovely ladies and babies,
    I agree, struggling to get actualy lumps but adding meat /fish is making it more textured. Seth is gettign better with lumps, he is fine on texture and loves rice/pasta in his dishes but if i just chop/mash stuff he looks at me like i'm trying to poison him!!
    DS is good with finger food now, he loves biscuits and bananas and still teh old carrot sticks etc.
    Sx
  • Slow - you make me laugh

H similar, will eat pasta, risottoe, hienz spagetti cut up but if I so much as put small lumps of broccoli in his food... game over , mouth shut needs new meal as doesnt trust me lol.

am trying to get around this by encouraging more finger foods like cheese sticks and pear / mango / pinapple/ grapes some biscuits and toast, cheesy toast etc . Hates strawberries but for the last coupleof weeks teething really bad and wont chew on any thing hard. Am just trying to persevere xx
  • Just re- read my post apologies for the spelling, brain not working this morning am Soooo tired x