Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Scary moment

Sorry havent been on here in a while. Grace has been unwell she had a stomach bug for a week and was really poorly with it.
Well a week sunday ago we bathed her as usual and was having cuddles to dry when she weeed on the towel so took the towel off and she let out a scream which alarmed me so i picked her up and she threw her head back and stopped breathing, She went totally limp and blue, it was only for a few seconds but felt like a lifetime. She just sobbed for ages and clung to me. We took her to be checked over and they think it was an absent seizure, she has had vacant episodes in the past so they are now investigating it and have got a hospital appointment next month.
Its been such a horrible week am only just starting to relax now, i havent taken my eyes off her and dont plan to till she is at least 18!!!!

Hope you are all well and your babies are behaving!!

Mic and Grace
xx

Replies

• OMG that must have been horrific. Poor mummy and poor Grace.
    Hope the investigations help find out the reason so it can be fixed soon.
    Big hugs
    sxx
  • Oh Mic, that sounds dreadful, I can only imagine how scary and upsetting that must have been. I hope things all get sorted out
    xXx
  • oh my god this makes me want to cry! how awful for you!! image i hope everything is ok..

*mummy hugs!*
  • I bet you was so scared image I cant imagine how scary that must be....
    I hope your ok, and I hope little Grace is just fine. xx
  • Thanks for the replies grace seems to be fine now so am hoping it's just one of those things but have got hospital appointment next month for her but I'm sure she is fine. Hope all you ladies and babies are well xxx
  • Hope the hospital can firgure out the cause soon. Get well Grace. Hope mummys ok too xx
  • Just seen this... big hugs to you pudding and hopefully you're right and this is just a one off xxx