Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Play time

Just wondered what you all do for play time with LO??

I need new inspiration please image

We do the obvious ones of singing, dancing, bouncing, rolling, Reading, playing with toys, going to
the park, going to see the ducks (we have a quaint little duck pond a couple of mins away lol), hum think that's about it!! I haven't yet done "messy play" and not sure what to do??

Thanks ladies, any new ideas welcomed :\) xxx

Replies

• Options
    Oh we've got a baby & childrens centre opening late summer time literally 5 mins away and I can't wait to go to lots of classes - especially music ones!!! xx
  • Options
    I have done all the ones u mentioned. We have also done painting with dd!! We are starting baby massage on wednesday and going to mother and baby group tomorrow!!
    xx
  • Options
    I just don't want her getting bored lol. Do you feel like you're doing the same things each day?
    Have fun at the mother & baby group Hun!! I started going to one in Feb and it's been fab, the group itself isn't on anymore but a few of us meet up still once a week - lovely and gives DD playtime with other babies! xx
  • Options
    Well sometimes I do but then dd has a massive box of toys and I change the ones she pays with every few days so it's like she always has something enw to play with. Then some days she goes in her walker, other days her bumbo, other days door bouncer so she never does the same thing every day if you get me!! Then we have music tv on a lot so always different songs to dance too!!
    xx
  • Options
    Yeah I kind of rotate things too. As you know i'm out every afternoon walking anyway so the time I spend at home I feel like I have a production line of different toys going on :lol:
    I've ordered a Leapfrog Learn & Groove table - lots of different activities on it so I think I'm looking forward to that one!! xx
  • Options
    Lol it's fun when they get new things!! Think I enjoy them more than dd some times lol!!
    Bri has something similar to that lol but is a bit small for it yet!! She still has some toys she hasnt played with yet so got plenty of variety!!
    We also watch the fish a lot and go outside to talk to Molly the rabbit. Oh and maybe you seen pics on fb she got a dog rocker that used to be daddys and tried her on it for the first time today and she loves it so would recommend one of those-she wouldnt stop laughing lol!!
    xx
  • Options
    We do pretty much as you have said. Mondays we are starting gymbabes, Tuesday its baby ,massage, Wednesday we go swimming, Thursday we go to mums and tots and Fridays we go to my mums as she has my 2 neices so we play with them. Fot the rest of the days he either plays in his jumperoo, if i'm in the kitchen cooking he goes in his walker and scoots about in that, every evening after tea we walk round the field with the dogs and see the pigs and horses, we also (before i fell down stairs) so walking everyday, he has some no nappy time on our sheepskin rug which is loves!! He likes going out with the ladies to doing coffee and cake......oh no thats me, he just tags along!! Lol
    Sxx