Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09

Recipes

Thought it might be interesting to swap recipes that our babies like and which are easy to make.

I'd like Dylan to have a really varied diet and eventually be able to eat exactly what we eat at meal times.

Lentil Stew

Saute onion and chopped carrots in a pan in a little oil. Add diced potato, baby stock and red split lentils and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately half an hour. Then blitz!

Jo

Replies

• Seths got Sausage and mash tonight with carrots and leeks. All blitz up.
    For lunch he had chicken, sweet potato and apple with onions.
    Also had mince beef, courgette, tomato and spinach.
    So far so good. These are the only meat dishes he's had so far!! I love cooking up different things for him.
    He's not into lumps yet but if its smooth he mostly eats it!
  • ooohhh, didn't think about doing sausage and mash. Good idea Slow!

• I tend to use the AK pur????e books, they're great and give me loads of ideas on variety image xx
  • Seth LOVED his sausage and mash tonight with carrots and leeks!!
  • Which sausages did you use S? I have a fear of too much salt lol!! I only ever have proper sausages (the ones that actually do contain at least 92% of meat :lolimage x
  • Oh & did you put a bit of gravy (the baby ones) in? Did it pur????e well? x
  • I use proper lincolnshire sausages from the butchers i am afraid i have no other in my house!!! I am a sausgae snob lol i only used one sausage with one potato, a carrot, and half a leek cooking in some baby veg stock then blitz it up and it has made about 4 or 5 meals so the amount of sausage is minimal. It blitz up really smooth.
    Sx
  • Cool thanks chick.
    Yep I'm a sausage snob too.....image cx