Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Teeth

Hi Ladies

Just wanted to ask if any of your LO still haven't got teeth yet.

DD is now 11 months and has not a one, although i can see the bottom two.

Should I start to worry yet or do you think this is normal.

Thanks
Christine xx

Replies

• Hiya,
    my LO has got 2 teeth but I have a friend who's LO didn't get any of her teeth through until 13mths but she has a lovely full set of teeth now at 2yrs old. So please do not worry, the teeth will come through when there ready hun.
  • Hi Christine
    DD is STILL gummy too!!! She'll be 11 months next week. It's been driving me crackers and no matter how many times people told me that the longer they stay in the less likely they are to rot, she'll have them longer etc etc.

So anyway I was at the dentist last week just having a check-up done and I asked him if he'd just have a feel at her gums and he confirmed they're on the way. He seemed to think her top ones are coming first (but then again she didn't let him have a good feel on the bottom) so I don't know. Buuuuuuut in a way I feel relieved as yes, I was getting worried!!!
    xx
  • Hi rosie, i still have a gummy bear! Really want them through but also got the story of the longer they are in the gums the better they are. Think it is prob an old wives tale but still calms me down a little. H is also 11 months xx
  • Brody's still toothless too! We should all think ourselves lucky really, I can remember Madison drawing blood with her teeth so I'm not in any hurry for that again...I much prefer a gummy bite!

My dentist told me that it was quite normal for babies to be toothless up to 18 months so try not to worry just yet.

Jaimep xxx
  • Hey hun, ds has only this week started to get one tooth coming through! It's one at the top. But my niece who's 15 months hasn't got any yet - her sister didn't start teething until she was nearly 18 months so don't worry. x
  • Thanks Ladies

I can always count on your support and reassurance.

DD has been poorly the last few days and docs have put it down to a viral infection as always but this morning we have seen a glimmer of a pearly white tooth so hopefully it will be right through in the next couple of days

Thanks again
    Christine and Ellie xx

• My next door neighbours boy broke his first tooth on his first birthday! Like a birthday present. He now has all of them and it was never an issue. I wouldn't worry.

Ruben started braking his teeth in the wrong order and that worried me at first, but it seems to be ok.

He broke his fangs first. Also at round the same time he was experementing with a sort of growly noise. Hillarious, a vampire baby!

He'd go * grrrawh!* and grin showing two fangs!!!!!