Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09

Feeling a bit blue :(

HI girls
I don't know what's wrong with me lately, i feel so bloody miserable!! Which makes me feel even more like poop because i shouldn't feel like this!!

I had a bit of a big falling out with my Mum a couple of weeks ago, which is sad because we used to see each other most days so i do miss the company. We're trying to get back to talking again and i'm sure we'll sort things out, but it's not been great.
My "Mummy friends" have now all gone back to work, and this week is the last of my baby classes i go to as they close for the summer holidays. So that's making me feel a bit sad too.
I know i'm lucky in that i'm not going back to work, and i'm also moving house next month so i'll have more than enough to keep myself occupied but for now i feel a bit lonely really. God i sound like a right Billy no mates hahahahahahaha, i'm not but my friends work!
I don't drive so i'm a bit limited to walking everywhere (which gets a bit tedious walking round the same places all the time!!)

Plus, i'm feelikng very sore again from my episiotomy. I'm awaiting the results from my MRI scan (almost 3 weeks ago) but i think i'm going to call them to find out what's going on. So, that's on my mind too.

And to top it all off i'm REALLY struggling to lose the last stone of "baby weight" now and this is really getting to me. I put on 4 stone, feel pleased to have lost 3 already but i CANNOT shift the rest. I've been on a strict diet the last 4 weeks: no carbs, no sugar, no dairy (you're allowed 300ml per day) and no wheat. Whilst i'm certainly nowhere near as bloated as i was - i've only lost 4lbs!!!! In 4 weeks!!!!! It's supposed to be 7lb in 2 weeks aaggghhhhh!!!! I've been doing exercising alongside it too.
I'm worried i'm going to be now overweight forever (lol) and this is my new weight/shape and i've got to get used to it but i HATE it! I feel so uncomfortable in clothes, have not really treated myself to anything to wear as i don't see the point when i look like rubbish anyway. A bin bag might do the trick. So, THAT diet has been binned, seeing as i'm blummin starving!! I'll keep to some aspects of it so i don;t look like a beached whale again but i just don't know wat more i can possibly do??

Agh, sorry to offload on here :cry:
xxx

[Modified by: xKelly77x on 19 July 2010 10:04:24 ]

Replies

• Hi Kelly..am sorry your feeling a bit down at the mo!

In a few weeks you are going to be realy busy with the move etc.. Im sorry to hear about you and your mum..im sure she will be missing you and Ava just as much so i hope you get back talking realy soon!

You have done bloody fantastic with your weightloss and you should be very proud of yourself!! The last pounds are always the hardest and you will get there. Just wait till your in the middle of the move..i bet they come off no probs!!

A realy big virtual hug your way a sloppy kiss from mylie moo!! :lol:

Hope you feel better soon xx

[Modified by: laurenandmylie on July 19, 2010 10:38 AM]

• Hi Kelly,
    Sorry to hear you are feeling down. I know exactly how you feel in regards to not driving and with friends going back to work being a bit lonely.

Could you arrange a few meet ups with the mum's from your groups over the summer (providing they don't work)? Or maybe find some other groups that are on during the school holidays?

Surely your MRI results should be back now, they've messed you around so much its not surprising you are getting fed up.

You will soon be so busy with your move and organising Ava's birthday party, the summer will fly by. Its so scary thinking that it really isn't long until our October babies turn 1!!!

Hopefully you will be able to patch things up with your mum soon and get things back on track.

Hope you feel better soon,
    Jo x
  • Oh sweetheart I think you've got several bloody good reasons to feel hacked off. Any one of the things going on would make you feel a bit down so all piled up together is definitely going to have an affect.

You've not said why you fell out with your mum but maybe if the stress was building up over the other things on your mind, this could have something to do with it. We always take out our bad moods on those closet to us, maybe you could have a heart to heart with your mum and say you want to try and get back to normal as quickly as possible, but ignore this advice if its not appropriate hun, just an idea?

Moving can be very stressful, my dad was in the RAF and we moved all the time, so is hubby so I'm a glutton for punishment! This is house number 19 for me. Fingers crossed though that after the move your hubby can ease up on his workload and you see more of him. Sounds like he works really hard but he deserves to enjoy the fruits of his labour with his gorgeous wife and beautiful girl. I know I am very lucky with James, he does a night shift once a week, he's taken AJ away for a weekend, and I've had nights at my Dads and a weekend in Bournemouth. He can do everything I can but I don't tell him... don't want his head to swell hee hee

I'm not going back to work either, and although my mummy friends have found it really hard and I know I'm lucky to be with AJ and see all of his development part of me wishes I could work. To have that time around other adults and be professional and tax my brain!

It's a shame there aren't baby classes through the Summer, seems daft when the older kids are off school and need more to occupy them. I didn't really bother with them, the one nearest me is full of cliquey witches so thought stuff -em lol

Would it be possible for you to have driving lessons? It could be a new challenge just for you, and with the light evenings you could do them later when Ava is in bed and Dom can keep an eye on her. It could really open things up for you and with the move you could get to more shops to help decorate the new pad image

Being in pain is up there with sleeplessness, wears you down each day and can you feel very low, fingers crossed that you can get something sorted very, very soon. Makes me bloody mad these things take so damn long, I'm sure as hell if you were a doctor it wouldn't take this long.

Are you friends with Lucy (lucylooandbabykins) on face book? She's lovely and she has just embarked on a career in Weightwatchers, she might have some tips for you. I'm a big girl anyway, never bothered with diets, love food too much!! I was 16lbs less after AJ was born and that's all been piled back on. I'd love to be slimmer but I won't put the work in so I can't moan lol You offload here anytime you feel like it. Its healthy. Plus don't be too hard on yourself for being down, you're allowed low periods, its OK to have a good cry and an offload.

Lots of love n hugs from me and AJ xxx
  • Aww huni, sorry you are feeling down, all the things you have going on in your life at the mo is enough to get you down.
    I'll PM you in a bit.....
    Big hugs and a sloppy kiss from Seth xx
  • Ahhhh you girls are fabulous image
    I'm feeling a little better. Got things sorted with my Mum this afternoon, thank goodness.

The big bar of Green & Blacks is helping too!!! Mwahahahahahahaha!! xx
  • Pleased you are feeling a little better! Oh chocolate always helps the situation hehehe!!
    Sx
  • I'm glad your feeling a bit better Kelly, i've only just seen this. I just had some G&Bs too, one with crunchy honeycomb in i think! It was yummy!
    Have you had a look in any local papers for things to do in the summer hols? I have found a play day at a local school and me and my Nct group are going.
    Onto the fitness thing, i thought you were enjoying Davina? From my personal trainer background i think that exercise is the answer. I don't ever change my diet as such if i want to lose a bit i just do an extra workout that week or something. Everyone is different though, my mum can't exercise much but see's results from just changing her diet but that doesn't work for me! It's just about finding something that you enjoy doing, and not depriving yourself.That diet sounded hidious!!
    xx
  • Hi PP
    Yep, am doing Davina as much as I can (roughly twice a week atm) us my walking and general exercising.
    I know what you mean about the dieting side of things - I've *never* had to diet my whole life!!!! I've always pretty much been a size 10-12 and around 9 stone. I love my grub but eat healthily anyway, eating my 5 a day and I don't eat junk so I think that's why i'm feeling frustrated as to why it's just not coming off!!! I sometimes think well why don't I sit on my backside all day and shove Maccy D's down me!!!! :lol: I wouldn't because I'd be ill lol.
    I know it'll come off and I've dropped another dress size but I want to drop one more but also just feel better about myself xx