Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Food ideas please

Hi

Just wondering what all your LO are eating for lunch and dinner. Jake has some finger foods but really stuck for ideas at the moment about what to give him. sometimes he is happy for me to feed him and other times he refuses and just wants to do it himself. We have been on our honey moon so has been alot of Ellas kitchens and bits form my plate when approriate. now i am back and cant think what to make. Is everyone still making purees.

thanks

Hayley and Jakexxxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi. Grace keeps going through stages of fussy eating, will be fed sometimes refuses all food at others so our meal times are a bit hit and miss. At the moment we are sticking to finger foods and just giving her what we eat. Today she had spag bog with adult pasta cut up. She managed some. Lunch is either sandwiches or toast and she always lets me feed her pudding, strange!!
    Im a very naughty mummy and brought fishcakes the other day and she loved it but you could always make your own if you prefer. Chicken with new potatoes and baked beans has been a hit recently and a good old roast dinner!
    We have been resorting more and more to jars as its just so dishartening to constantly throw food away.
    I guess they are at an age now where they can pretty much eat anything in moderation (within reason). I have rambled for ages and not actually been any help!!!
    MicMic and Grace
    xxx
  • Options
    Thanks for that i am just so stuck and feel i am not giviung Jake any variety just so scared about what i give him i need to get some food tomorrow and get stuff sorted xx
  • Options
    MicMic, I'm so pleased you said that about Grace cos that is exactly what Ollie's like with his food! I get really jealous when other babys quite happily sit and eat whatever is put in front of them!

Tigs- have you tried bagels? Ollie likes them and will sit and eat (/play with!) grapes and cherry toms at the same time... just an idea?.. xxx
  • Options
    Hello
    Well Seth has now been going through a pain in the bum stage for a couple of months and will NOT take anything from a spoon. This was hell when i had no kitchen to cook in as i was relying on jarred stuff. Now for lunch he has sandwiches, beans on toast, scrambled eggs, omlette, all eaten with his fingers. For tea he just has exactly what we have just chopped up and plonked it on his tray and he eats with fingers. He lost weight when wasnt eating, 1 week on finger food and he put a lb on in a week!!
    Sx
  • Options
    Wowza Slow, Seth did well putting on a lb in a week. We too have moved over to finger food, lunch is very similar to Seth's actually and tea is generally a baby friendly version of what we have eaten the night before (he has his tea at 4 so far too early for us).

I made homemade chicken nuggets for him the other night with lots of different veggies and some homemade potato wedges and he loved them.

Trying homemade fishcakes next week and tonights tea is pasta bolognaise which will be lovely and messy and some homemade garlic bread too.
    Jo x