Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Unexplained Fever ?

Has anyone's lo had an unexplained fever?

DS developed a fever (39.9 at its peak!) on Saturday night. We had a really bad night with him and he really wasn't himself on Sunday. We took him to the docs Sunday am who checked him over really throughly and said he couldn't find anything wrong.

He seems better today (touch wood) but I can't understand why he had a fever. We asked the doc if it could be teeth but he thought it unusual to have such a high fever when teething.

K x

Replies

• Luen not had high fever yet (touchwood) but know how worrying it can be. Remember when children/ youmg babies at work used to get tempertures they can get quite warm quite quickly as their body cant adjust tempertures as well us. Maybe it was something teething or something simple. Lost count of times we used to have to call parents to collect their child or give them calpol as their temp had gone up. They had usually been ok before when parents left them. Guess what i'm trying to say is that children do have unexplained tempertures sometimes but with a bit of calpol usually ok! Hope H ok now? xx
  • Oh dear hun poor H. Hope he's ok now?

Yeah, i'd agree with Lucy and sometimes they do just get a bit hot & bothered - had he had a "busy" day?? Bit of Calpol should bring it down.
    Thank fully your Dr didn't find any problems, so no major cause for concern i wouldn't think.
    Although if it happened again i'd be tempted to kick up a bit of a fuss xx
  • I wish it was! But his temp was far too high for it to be nothing. Plus he really was out of sorts. Poor little dude. He's had some nappies the colour of grass in the last couple of days tho so hopefully it was some sort of virus that has worked its way through. He's 100% again now. xxx