Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Nap times

Hi

Just wondering how many naps thier little ones are having at the mo. I have eventually got Jake to take his naps in his cot which is great yay. These are his nap times

8-9 nap
11-11.30-12
1-2
4-5

Does this seem about right he goes to bed about 730-8 and sleeps till 5-6 at the moment.

Replies

• Options
    we don't really have a routine during the day for naps as he gets up in the morning between 7 and half 8 so it depends what time he gets up really.

He generally has a sleep about 2- 2 and half hours after he has woken then one or two in the afternoon. He goes to bed at half 6 so i don't let him sleep after 4ish. Sorry this isn't much help but it sounds about right to me for the time he gets up and goes to bed.

Charlene
    XX
  • Options
    They say they get tired about every 2 hours so sounds about right. The 1pm nap is only 1 hour after he woke up though from the other one so i guess in an ideal world he would sleep longer for the second nap and the second and third would merge into one longer one!

My lo is 5.5 months now (from born in sept) and she has a 30-45 min nap about an hour after getting up then about an hour and a half over lunchtime then another 30-45 mins mid afternoon and goes to bed at half 6.

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    Hi,

Isabelle seems to have a really similar pattern to Jake,

she wakes up about 7 then naps for an hour at 8.30, then has another couple of sleeps at around 11.30 and 2.30 then another around 5, then bed at 7.30.

This does vary a bit and sometimes she naps at 6 which is a pain as then bed time is 8.30.

She wakes up a bit later at the weekend when alarm doesn't go off but pretty much in a rountine!

xx
  • Options
    AJ has no pattern at all! Today he woke up at 7am after sleeping through (only about the 4th time he's done that) and fell asleep at 4 and is still snozzing now (just gone 6).

Maybe when he finally gets a night time routine he will, at the moment he wakes anywhere from 1.30am to 8am xxx
  • Options
    oh my god you lot are so lucky, my wee man doesn't nap at all and he only sleeps 10pm till 8 am!
  • Options
    The boys are awake at about 6.30 but we dont get up, if we can help it, till 7. They have a nap about 8.30 - 9.30/10. They have a 30min cat nap at about 11.30ish. They then nap in the buggy for a good 2hrs at about 2ish. I try and get them to have 30mins at about 5/5.30 but no later as they dont take their night time bottle if they dont have this nap and are so sleepy. They go to bed at 7pm, if I can hold them out this long! Alfie wakes about 10.30pm and 2.30am. Ryan wakes at about 2am.

Weve had so many problems with milk, that are still on going, that they dont take much each feed so want to feed every 2.5 - 3hrs during the day, and Alfie still feeds every 4hrs at night!! Im bloody knackered!! lol!

Gemma, Ryan and Alfie 20 weeks today!