Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09

toofy! (pretty much)

finally phoebe has started getting a tooth. its like a tiny sharp little needle front right. my god its hurting her image how quick does it pop up properly as i dont think i can hack many more frumpy days and sleepless nights!!

Replies

• Oh YAY to Phoebe getting her 1st tooth (i'm not at all jealous.....much hahahahaha!!!)
    In answer to your question i honestly don't know sorry. Hopefully not too long though huni xx
  • lol, i have been getting tooth envy too kelly, my friends 4month old has 5 teeth! i was like "WTF!?" it doesnt help that pheebs is a baldy too and her hair only just growing!! bless her! ava's teeth will come through and you will wonder why you were so eager to have them! lol
  • Hi, we are currently doing battle with tooth number 5!! It is a tough one! The good news is that the tooth only hurts whike it's breaking through the gum, once the gum is broken , the tooth doesn't hurt as it comes through further. Hope the tooth comes through quickly!!

xxx
  • Hi lucyah, we are in the exact same situation with Seth at the moment, He has a little white sharp bit on the bottom gum which is through its just not grown yet!!
    Sx
  • yeh, sounds exactly the same then!! grrr she has been such a grumpy little madam lately! image i want my giggly happy baby back!!

SLOW, what are you doing to help him??

also, (i havent, but) is is ok to give nurofen AND calpol? as one is paracetemol and one is ibuprofen??
  • I've just been giving Seth teething granules morning and night, rubbing ambersol on his gums when needed and giving him calpol before bed, (only done this last 2 nights when he's been really grizzly).
    Sx
  • Yeah Lucy, it is safe to give both at the same time. If Dylan is terribly upset with teething, I give calpol and then if he is still bad an hour or so later (after the calpol has had a good chance to work) I give him some nurofen.

Hopefully Phoebe will be feeling better soon. We are on tooth 4 (I think, not risking putting my finger in there again after I was bitten last time!!!)

x x x