Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09

yet another dilema

I stopped the dreamfeed a couple of weeks ago as i was feeding him at 10 and he was waking at 4/5. When i stopped the dreamfeed he was still slepping as long so i guessed he didn't need it. He was sleeping longer and longer but now he is going back the other was and i am waking about 1/2am to feed him. Should i try and do the dreamfeed again so that i can get longer stretches of sleep?

Charlene

XX

Replies

• Would love to help but i am certainly no expert but didnt wanna R&R!! Hope someone came help. Sxx
  • I guess it can't hurt to try! I've never tried to do the dream feed as Callum is a nightmare to settle to sleep, so once he's gone I leave him be!! But if he settles ok - try it and see!

WW x
  • hi.

i think i would try the dreamfeed again, lo may be having a growth spurt so needs that extra feed.

ashy x
  • don't know about the dream feed as i have never done it but my son was 13 weeks yesterday and this past week he has gone really backwards with his sleeping. He was going down at 10pm absolutely no bother and sleeping till atleast 0430 or 0530 feeding then and going back down till 8 ish but since he had his jags last week he has still been going down at 10 but is fussing and carrying on but when he goes to sleep is waking just after 3 to feed then waking again about 6 to feed again but my problem is that he is now thinking thats him up for the day. He is also refusing to nap in the day and yesterday had a terrible tantrum over it which after asn hour of trying to get him down he woke afer 5 mins toojk another half hour to get down and only slept 20 mins. I am so cross as he was doing so well.
  • its so frustrating isn't it. I have been giving alfoe baby rice for the last days and last night he slept till 5 again and then went back to sleep till half 7 from 7pm without a dreamfeed. I am going to leave it a couple more days without and see how he goes as don't want to go backwards with the progress we have made.

charlene
    XX