Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

anyone think they are growing up too quickly.

Well Alfie is getting about now and getting into all sorts of trouble. He nearly fell out of the doors earlier as he was leaning out looking into the garden. He pulls himself up on almost anything now and just wants to be standing most of the time (he even tried pulling himself up on the curtains this morning :-0). He is doing really well with his eating and the blw route is going well. Although we are not completly doing this as i am not brave enough yet to let him feed himself porridge or yogurts. But all solid food he feeds himself and doing really well. I have noticed how well his pincer grip has come along and can feed himself really small things now.

I had to have a chat with the HV as was slightly concerned that he is only drinking between 10-12oz of formula a day now as he is only having 2 bottles (7am and 7pm). she reasurred me that as long as he is getting plenty of calcium in other ways and i am stil offering him water then it isn't a problem.
He is still sleeping through the night so i am assuming he is getting what he needs and isn't hungry.

How is every one else's not so little ones getting on now? Would anyone else be worried if their little one was only drinking 10-12oz of formula.

Charlene and Alfie