Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How long to break through?

The gum can a tooth take from the time you spot it coming??

DD is yet to have one tooth :roll: but I can see one on it's way; however it's at the top. Not the front one either, it's on her left at the side of the front one (if that makes sense?!)
Her gums are sore but at that spot it's really White and I can see it's almost popping through.
She's been full of a cold for a few days and we've had a few sloppy nappies so this may have something to do with it (although I'm sick of blaming everything on teething!!!!!)

Anyhoo, roughly how long does it take for a top tooth to come through?? xx

Replies

• I think Dylan's top 4 were quite quick to pop through properly and the ones on either side of his front two have been the worst. He was really unhappy with these two (you probably don't want to know that!!!) but his actually 2 big front teeth have not really caused him any trouble.
    Hope Ava feels better soon and her first tooth makes an appearance asap!!!

x x
  • Why can't my daughter's teeth come through in a "normal" order?! :lol:

Yeah she has been a bit grizzly lately, and all over the place with naps & not wanting to eat much but I'd put it down to her cold (which I'm sure plays a big part in her being like this).
    Who knows, I could be wrong and still have to keep waiting!!!! :roll: xx
  • they will be through soon dont you worry! and she will be biting you with her new knashers in no time!!! lol
  • I know it doesn't help - but H's varied - some came through the day or two after I spotted them - some took a couple of weeks ! Sorry hun - hope shes not suffering too much x
  • I know it doesn't help - but H's varied - some came through the day or two after I spotted them - some took a couple of weeks ! Sorry hun - hope shes not suffering too much x
  • Hi sweetie,

H's first tooth popped through last week , I felt the sharp edgean everything, BUT it setttled again and the gum is closed over Big white hard bump with raggy edges so was just to say I know how you feel! I want a toothy!
  • Oh no blue star!!! Which tooth was it? A is being such a grump at the mo, poor thing x
  • Just to say - my friend's little boy was suffering with his teeth for months and months - then got what we called a "fang" tooth as it wasn't where you would expect a first tooth. Then two weeks later he had 5 more !

• Oh no K, poor little mite. Although I'm sure she's going to end up like Dracula :lol: x