Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

a liitle late... but can i join you?

hi there mummies image

i've been coming on here since i found out i was pregnant but have never got round to signing up. Anyway i've finally done it!!! You ladies all seem so lovely and the help and support you offer each other is great, so please can i join in????

Here's a little info about me......

i'm 26 and my little princess was born on 28th October 2009 (she will be 15 weeks tomorrow) We called her Megan and she has been a little angel and i'm absolutely loving being a mummy.

That's all i can think of, but if you have any questions feel free to ask image xxx

Replies

• Hello hun, oh u shud have joined from day 1, this site is fab and the people on it are amazing, but deffo not too late to join and u are more than welcome,. Everyone is so friendly and helpful and have been so gr8 from ttc through to giving birth. I'm Sara, 27 with a little boy called Seth who was born on 11/10/09 9 days late, little monkey!!!
    Looking forward to getting to know you.
    Sxx
  • Hi,

Glad you chose to sign up...this site is great if you are ever stuck for an answer to ANYTHING - baby related or not! lol

Im Gemma and im 25. I have 18 week old identical twin boys born on 5/10/09 by planned section just under 4 weeks early.

Look forward to getting to know you xxx

Gemma, Ryan and Alfie 18 + 1
  • Heloooooo there image
    glad you've taken the plunge and never too late for someone new to join us.
    Yes we're all friendly & as helpful as we possibly can be. If you have any questions then fire away, same on the advice front lol.

I'm Kelly, my daughter (Ava) was born on the 17th October (14 days late the little monkey)!! Love her to absolute pieces, she's my world.

Look forward to speaking with you & don't be shy tee hee xx
  • No not too late as the other say...

I'm Ali also 26, i live with hubby, our little boy James 23 months and our little princess Isabelle 19 weeks xxx
  • hi! my sister had a baby last week also called meganimage

I'm Rachel and i had Elizabeth (libbie) on the 4th of november 7 days late! lol was due on the 28th of october, I also have jess (13), Ellie (11) and cassidy (7) and im getting married to my fiance in july image xxx

You'll love it here image
  • Hi,

Welcome to our lovely forum. I'm Jaime (32) and had my gorgeous little man Brody on 28th October...he was 15 days late and I ended up having an amergency section. I also have a beautiful daughter Madison who's 3.

In my opinion, being a mummy is the best thing in the world!!!

Looking forward to chatting to you.

Jaimep & Brody :\)xx

• Hi,

I'm Jo (23) and had my little pumpkin Dylan on 26th October (14 days late!). I absolutely love him to pieces and it feels like he has always been here! image
    Looking forward to chatting
    Jo and Dylan (15+2)
  • awwww thank you for all your lovely messages and making me feel so welcome. Forgot to say Megan arrived 3 days early (she was originally due on Halloween) and i was induced because my waters had broken. i loved being pregnant and giving birth (with a little help from an epidural he he). i know it's still early days but we have decided that we'll probably just stick with the one baby.

omg gemmiebabyhow do you cope with twins, well done you!! u must have to be sooo organised.

bumblebump, my lo is Megan Elizabeth so i think both u and your sis have good taste in baby names lol

oh and jaimep i agree being a mummy is the best thing in the world, my life feels complete now image

hope to speak to you all soon xxx

• lol! Everyone asks me that. The thing is, I dont know what its like NOT to have twins! It is hard, especially with the problems theyve had, but I wouldnt have it any other way.

After this though, 1 would be easy! lol...im glad I did it this way around. I know people who have 1, and then have twins, not my idea of fun!

The boys were also due on Halloween! How is your little one getting on? What did she weigh? Do you have any other children?
  • Sounds like you're planning more babies in the future then Gemmiebaby? very brave lol. Nah i don't have any other children. OH doesn't want any more and i'm kinda coming round to the idea of just having one.

She weighed 7lb born and weighed 12lb 6oz when we last got her weighed at 13+5. She's such a little angel most of the time. She's been sleeping through for 10-12 hours since 6 weeks old. We haven't really had any problems with her apart from her being sick a lot (but we've been told not to worry about it as long as she's putting weight on)

At the mo just trying to find places to go to get out of the house. There's a stay and play session at our baby clinic (which i haven't tried yet: bit scared lol) and we're doing baby massage at the mo, but other than that i'm a bit lost as to what to do with her.
  • Probably mad but yes, when the boys are about 4 or 5 we thought we would try for another one. ID twins are random so im no more likely than anyone else to have them again!

Shes gaining well. I have 2 porkers. They were 5lb 5oz and 5lb 5.5oz when they were born and at 17 weeks exactly they were 13lb 1.5oz and 12lb 6.5oz. Theyve done so well.

We did baby massage but thats it so far. I want to take them swimming soon, and we go on holiday to Kent in 2 weeks so looking forward to that. Some people I know have set up a group on fb and are trying to set up a twins group. Its difficult to go to many things as im on my own most of the time. My mum is going to take them to Toddlers when she has them when I go back to work.

I dont know where else I could take them really. Theres an Under-Ones group but I still find it difficult when I feed them out so tend to do things when hubby is around.
  • Hiya!
    I'm Lucy (29 got the big 30 this year and looking forward to it lol) and have my gorgoues boy Luen who was born on 21 oct a day early by c-section as he was breech. He is a lovely little boy and so nosey.
    You should be brave and go to a group you may like it, i go to 1 evry monday and love it and so does Luen.
    I worked with kids for years but the 1st time i took Luen to baby group i felt so nervous and wouldnt join in with any of the songs even though am used to being silly etc to entertain children but i know how it feels as a new parent now!! But after 2/3 sessions i came out my shell and love it. Sorry i waffled on!
    xxx
  • Welcome! I'm Janine, 32, originally from South Wales but now living in Colchester. Evan was born two weeks late by emergency c-section on October 29th, weighing in at a hefty 11lb 4.5 oz!! At 14 weeks, he was 14lb 8oz.

Definitley go to all the babygrouyps you can. We're lucky to have a really good sure start center really near to us, they came round to see us when we were just out of hospital to let us know about all the groups they arrange. It really helps to get you out of the house meeting people, and Evan is fascinated to watch the other babies and toddlers.

Jxx
  • Welcome M image,
    I'm Danielle and live in Somerset with my h2b Tom and baby Harry

I loved the name Megan for a girl, but we had a little boy, our gorgeous Harry!
    He was born 25/9 Nine days early, i think me and Rayns are the only ones with early arrivals!
    I also had an epidural after a long 27 hr labour! All of the drugs just kept wearing off!
    At the moment i'm trying to sort out Harry's skin, he has eczema. It runs in the family, due to milk allergies so we are trying to get it sorted, i want his milk changed really.
    Me and h2b are also getting married this year, so looking forward to H being our little paige boy!
    Hope to chat soon Danielle and H 20 weeks! x
  • Thank you everyone for your messages and telling me a little about yourselves and your lo's image

Think i'll have to take the plunge and start going to some baby groups. I'm okay when it's something structured like baby massage but find it difficult to just start a conversation with strangers. I don't want Megan to grow up with a lack of confidence like me though and she seems to love seeing other babies. (sorry waffled on a bit there) xx
  • Hello!
    Nice to have a new mummy image
    I'm Cheryl, 33, with my first baby boy AJ who was born 08th October 5 days late after induction.

I was nervous about baby groups but luckily have a close friend with a little boy 6 days younger than AJ and we go together. I've tried 3 and 2 weren't so great but the third is fab, I wouldn't have the confidence to go on my own!

xxx
  • Hi there nice to meet new mummys im also new to the site so il introduce myself to all of you....... my names charlie im 26 and i had my beautiful little girl on the 9th october she was 3 days early and weighed 7lb11.5oz's and we've named her Ffion Violet im from south wales originally so hence the welsh name i now live in grantham,lincs with my gorgeous hubby and i really look forward to making new friends with you all and hopefully assist if you have any questions.

p.s ffions my first child and i defo want more if hubby will let me ;\)
  • Welcome Charlielou, nice to meet another newbie. Ffion is a beautiful name xx