Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Any advice please...

Hello ladies....i havent been on here for a long time but would still appreciate any advice..

My little girl is 6 weeks old today! I was in the due in october 09 forum, but the little lady decided to join the world 10 days late...5th November!!...anyway...im starting to worry that im not interacting with her enough during the day times....She has a cold at the moment which is horrible so she is pretty much just sleeping throughout the day and night and just waking up for feeds...but before this when she is awake during the day time what should i be doing with her? I usually sit and talk / sing to her, let he follow me or objects move from side to side, to which she follows with her eyes really well...ive tried laying her on her tummy, but she hates it...she will lay on my chest on her tummy and move her head up and she can hold her head really well so im not worried about that, but i feel like i should be doing more with her... what do you ladies do throughout the day? I may just be being worried for no reason but would love to hear what you ladies are doing...x

Replies

• Sounds like you doing a fab job (am typing 1 handed so apologise for errors) think we all worry about different things all time but this makes us good mummies (i think!)
    Sounds like your doing qiute bit of interaction with your lo anyway. I do same sort of things as you sing/talk and let him play with his toys, well we help him he he and he can be quite happy to sit in his doughnut type thing or lay on mat and listen to music. He even looks at tv sometimes!!
    Maybe do you feel ready to go to mother baby group type things? Or even just taking lo for walk in day is nice.
    xxxx
  • Sounds like your doing great things. We just chant and sing. She also has tummy time and enjoys playing under her mat.
    We have time where i take off her clothes and nappy and she has a good kick about on her changing mat which she just loves.
    We will be going to baby massage and hopefully some other classes in Jan.

xxx
  • Callum likes to play on his mat and I play with him by squeaking the toys and moving them to catch his eye. We sing songs with actions like row row row your boat (Callum bends and straightens his legs as I rock him forward and back) and the grand old duke of York (I sit on the floor with my legs bent and Callum sat on my knees, I then bend and straighten my legs to match the words in the song and move him up and down). We also do things like sticking my tongue out and then Callum copies me. He also likes to look at pictures in books and watch his mobile go round.

Hope that helps!

WW & Callum (8 weeks)
  • thanks ladies....sounds good. Im going to start doing a rhymes and songs with actions in them, sounds like fun for the both of us! She's smiling a lot more now so im guessing she's happy with what we are doing. :lol:
  • We do pretty much the same things. i also just let him play on his own for small periods of time as i don't want him getting too needy when he is older. I have a half sister wo=ho is now 3 and a half and she needs constant attention and entertaining all the time if she doesn't she just shouts your name till she gets your attention.
    He is fine to just entertain himself for a while so i am quite happy with him doing that.

Charlene and Alfie.
    XX