Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Birthday presents

Hi

I dont know if this has already been asked, but what are you planning on getting your LO's for their 1st Birthday? I have got jake so far Scout puppy which looks cool and a V-tech drum. How about evryone else?

Hayley and Jake 11 months xxx

Replies

• We have most of the pressies already, its fun shopping for them! We have got him a trike, the one that adapts as he gets older so it starts with a handle up the back and little seat belt. We have a vtech walker thing, the v shaped one that he can push along. Couple of small toys, a little drum with maraccas and flute castanets (Asda) and a big toy box. Don't want to go too mad as Christmas isn't that far off and need to save some ideas lol plus we get him practical stuff, vets / clothes / shoes.

My Dad has treated him to a pushchair to xxx
  • We've got her a pink Smart Trike recliner trike - it's sooooo cool image

We've also got her the Leap Frog my puppy pal Violet, Leapfrog Alphabet pal, books & clothes.
    Like MM says we're not going mad either, Xmas is 10 weeks after her birthday so I don't see the point. Plus I'm sure she'll get loads anyway!!!!

We've bought things already from ELC (a pink whizz around garage) for Xmas as it had ??15 off!!! Bargain!!! And I've been picking bits up in the Tesco toy sale they've got on at the moment - worth checking it out. We got her a Mega Blocks pink tipper truck (it's got a handle & mega blocks inside the truck part) for ??16.........it's ??25 at Toys R Us!!! Yikes!!!!! They do it in blue too btw hehehe!!!
    xx
  • For DS's birthday we've got him the peeka blocks hippo (down from ??40 to ??20 in Tescos), in the night garden muscial gazebo mega blocks (on offer in TX Max), peek a blocks crocodile (??3 at the NCT nearly new sale) and a shape sorter (50p at the NN sale!!).
    For Christmas we've so far got him In the night garden stacking surprise blocks (down from ??18 to ??1.86 in Tescos!!)

God I love a bargain!!

WW xxx
  • the my pal scout and violets are AWESOME!! we have got one and it shouts "hello phoebe!" they are fab!

i have no no no idea what to get her. what do you get the child who has EVERYTHING!? i would mind, but she would be happy with a bloody plastic spoon and a calculator to tap on, which is what her toys usually get shunned for!!
  • Lucy - are the puppy pals easy to set up?? x
  • Grace had the scout puppy for christmas and still absolutly loves it. It stays in her cot and she has the lullaby music on to go to sleep and then when she wakes in the morning she plays with it. She is a wriggler at night so sometimes rolls onto it and it jumps into action saying "Hi Grace, want to play" and im laying in bed thinking no no no!!!

Anyway back to the OP. We have got Grace the pink ELC wizz around garage, a sleeping bag and a few books. My parents are getting her a trike and im sure she will have hundreds of other gifts!!!
    xxx
  • H got a my pal scout for christmas and we still havent managed to get it set up. The down load stuff just doesnt seem to work on computer and the tech guys there havent really helped. Keep meaning to get around to trying it on another computer.

Think we have gone a bit mad on birthday - ( by we I really mean me!) Got him a little push along quad thing from argos, a fisher price ball popper , the bounce and spin zebra , that was a bargain though as there was 17 quid off in tesco and , I came across aload of stuff i bought months ago at various baby events. DHis going to KILL me!! I may put some away for christmas me thinks lol xx
  • 1proudmummy- yeh pretty easy, just have to download the software which doesnt take long at all and then pick babys favourite things and their name from a long list of names! it really is awesome!
  • Oh man - we've got H a few bits but now I'm going to have to look at this Scout Puppy !!!
  • Oh man - we've got H a few bits but now I'm going to have to look at this Scout Puppy !!!

You MUST look in Tesco for it K, it's only ??12.77 in there, but ??20 everywhere else image xx
  • I saw the scout puppy going cheap in TK MAx too!
  • I'll def check it out ! I feel like a right miser - we have only got H two big plastic cars, a shape bench with a hammer and a cuddly toy. He's getting lots of bits from other people so we didn't want to buy him too much so he doesn't get too much. Especially with Christmas so close. I feel really miserable tho !!!!