Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Where does your lo sleep in the day?

Hi Mummies, Hope you and your little ones are all well.

Just a quick one really, i'm just beginning to try and get into some routine and wondered where everyone elses little ones sleep in the day. At the moment Caden has been sleeping in his moses in the lounge but wondered if i should be putting him upstairs with the monitor on?!

Be interesting to know what others are doing...

xxx
kerrie and Caden 1 month today!!!

Replies

• Hi Kerrie image
    Well for the first couple of weeks Ava would sleep in her Moses Basket in the living room but to be quite honest I was getting fed up of bringing it downstairs each morning then back up again at night!! Plus I thought she might like a change! So she now sleeps in her rocker chair. It's nice because it's not a particularly "play" one if you get my drift lol plus it also means she's not laid completely flat (she tends to posset her milk when laid flat) and it also means she can see me image

I'm thinking though to let her have one of her daytime sleeps in her cot in her room (with the monitors on) to start getting her used to that as she'll be sleeping in her room soon enough really.
    It's difficult because I want her with me and thankfully she's not a clingy baby & can settle herself to sleep too.

Oh, when she goes back to sleep after her 1st morning feed she goes back in her basket in our room. I then come down to get some brekkie, make bottles etc and get myself dressed.
    xxx 5+2
  • We used to bring the moses basket down, but like Kelly said, I was also getting fed up carrying up and down 2 flights of stairs! So now she sleeps in her rockel again its more a less lay flat and no toys on it etc. She will go up for naps when she's a bit older or if her brother irritates her!
    xxx 7+6 xx
  • Hey, currently we bring our basket down each morning for him to sleep in but as he will soon be out grown it i guess we ought to start putting him down upstairs as i'll not be carrying the cot down when he;s in that!!
    Sx
  • H sleeps in his moses basket in the lounge - but it lives downstairs as he has a crib upstairs. this works fine at the moment - when he is older and has a more stable sleep routine I'll put him in his cot. x
  • my son sleeps in his pram throgh the day as we bought a crib instead of a basket so its too big to carry up and down.
  • My son has been sleeping on the settee but tbh we are not usually home long enough for him to sleep he he, as there always seems to be something/someone we need to see. But as my husband has gone back work fulltime this week and i think most vistiors have been and gone we have bought his moses basket back downstairs for down (he sleeps in his cot at night)!! xx