Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Changed formula now having explosive poo

hi

Well after a nightmere with food we have changed to Apitmal and Jake is taking it very well the only problem now is he appears to be having eplosive poos and happens after every feed. they are yellow and seems to be leaking through the sides f his nappy. I'm not sure if this is normal after changing formulas or if this is normal poo and the nappies aren't any good now. He was constipated on SMA so didnt have this problem. It never ends image changed formula 5 days ago

Thank

hayley and Jake xx

Replies

• Oh bless him, Seth gets constipated on SMA sometimes but then he'll be ok for a few days. I wondered about changing but have stayed put so far, Hope they settle down soon.
  • Hi there, I've never changed formula for Charlie, but we do use Aptamil and his poos are pretty explosive/yellow/smelly!! I'm mix feeding so I also get the bird seed effect of breast milk, nice!! But we have had our fair share of exploders and leakers!!!

Not sure if this helps or not!!!

xxxx
  • Hiya, I've used Aptamil from the start and Ava always has explosive yellow poos. Apparently perfectly normal when on Aptamil, something to do with one of the ingredients! She's not yet been constipated either.
    Infact the poos are that explosive we say it sounds like Mount Vesouvious in her nappy image
    I did used to use the Pampers 1st size and they leaked something terrible (the amount of bodysuits I chucked out was unreal) then switched to Pampers size 2 and not yet had any leaks!
    xxx