Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09

lump :(

sorry this is a bit of a strange topic but i need to talk to poeple! i found a lump in my boob today image went to the docs and he told me to keep and eye on it over the next 2 weeks. 2 WEEKS! im shitting myself!

*praying for a blocked milk duct!*

Replies

• Hi Lucy
    did the doctor not give you any more information to help? Or to try and reassure you?!
    Hope it's just a blocked milk duct! x
  • Hi Lucy,
    I hope you are ok. It seems odd he's asked you to wait 2 weeks, I was under the impression they checked these things asap. Have you tried massaging it (if it is a blocked milk duct it might help unblock it) and maybe keep offering Phoebe that boob to see if it makes any difference to the lump?
    Try not to worry too much honey, I know its easier said than done, but you've acted quickly and I am sure if the doctor was really concerned he would have done more. (I presume he had a good feel?)
    Big hugs,
    Jo x
  • Oh huni, 2 weeks sounds like a long time to have to wait. Fingers crossed it isw just a blocked milk duct.
    Sxx
  • he reassured me by saying it was unlikely for my age, but thats it! i have tried massaging it but it starts to make me feel a bit sick when i feel it! i have still been feeding from it though and its still there!

i thought they would of got me in for further checks, but like you say honeyboo, the doctor obviously isnt too concerned!! will jsut have to wait and see i guess, and try not to think about it too much!!

thanks girls image
  • That must be worrying for you, I think you should maybe go back if you are worried. 2 weeks is a long time to worry about this, you can demand to be seen by another doctor for a second opinion. I really don't want to worry you in any way hun, not at all, but your health is precious xxx
  • yeh.. well dd decided she wanted a boob feed yesterday so my boob has filled back up with milk making it hard to feel the lump! will try and drain them again to see what is going on. thanks malky mum, i will definately go back if i worry too much. just started back at work so keeps my mind off it alot of the time!
  • I hope your ok hun!!
    I agree with malkymum though, if you start getting worried demand another opinion. The doctor might just be assuming because your breast feeding thats what it is. You can never be too careful with these things.
    Im sure it probably is just a blocked milk duct, and i'll keep my figners crossed for you thats all it is. Good Luck and hope these 2 weeks don't drag. xx