Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Working on LO's birthday :cry:

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone else was having to go to work on LO's first birthday? Hubby and I are both teachers, so we can't take the day off. I know DS won't know if it's his birthday, but I still feel bad. In years to come he might ask "What did we do on my first birthday?" and I can reply "Erm nothing!"
What makes it worse is that it's on the one day of the week when DH has to work late so I don't think we'll even be able to do pressies etc after work :cry:

So anyone else in a similar situation?

WW xXx

Replies

• YEP...me! Im also a teacher and at work on the boys birthday. Ive also got a club that evening so wont be able to leave till at least 4.15.

Only good thing is that its their day with hubby so he'll be able to spoil them! We also have their birthday party on the Sat after so will get chance to celebrate with them.

Its horrible though image
  • We are doing DS birthday celebration a week early as my mum and dad wont be here on his birthday. I did feel a touch guilty we wernt doing it on his actual birthday but am over it now. Dont worry yourself , just pick a weekend day and make that his 'birthday' xx
  • Oh no ladies, how rubbish image
    How about doing the celebration on the weekend nearest to LO's birthday?? xx